Dogs

Should be allowed to keep Staffies etc?

• Yes

• No

• Pedigree, chum

Results are only viewable after voting.

So no guide dogs?
Or deaf dogs, or bomb, cancer and substance detection dogs.

The problem with this question is the 'etc'.

Most breeds are perfectly fine but there are both existing and emerging breeds (American XL bullies etc) which are not stable or suitable for non-licensed ownership, with question marks over their breeding full stop.

Similar Issues exist in racehorse and greyhound breeding with animals not reaching the required grade being disposed of inhumanely, but these are low-risk to the public (that does not make it any less of a crime).

But with this new crime of breeding and ear-cropping muscular dogs than can and frequently maim and kill, penalties and laws need to be introduced that:

1. Limit breeding
2. License ownership
3. Reduce risk (castration and sterilisation help).

The criminals, plus extremely lax regulation around ownership are way ahead of any laws at present. I cannot imagine the pain of those and their families caused by these pointless and avoidable attacks.

So no guide dogs?
Or deaf dogs, or bomb, cancer and substance detection dogs.

The problem with this question is the 'etc'.

Most breeds are perfectly fine but there are both existing and emerging breeds (American XL bullies etc) which are not stable or suitable for non-licensed ownership, with question marks over their breeding full stop.

Similar Issues exist in racehorse and greyhound breeding with animals not reaching the required grade being disposed of inhumanely, but these are low-risk to the public (that does not make it any less of a crime).

But with this new crime of breeding and ear-cropping muscular dogs than can and frequently maim and kill, penalties and laws need to be introduced that:

1. Limit breeding
2. License ownership
3. Reduce risk (castration and sterilisation help).

The criminals, plus extremely lax regulation around ownership are way ahead of any laws at present. I cannot imagine the pain of those and their families caused by these pointless and avoidable attacks.
Respectfully, I rescued an XL bully, and I’ve never had a more docile and relaxed dog.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back