2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how people can’t seem to understand the Kane/Shearer etc. comparisons.

I am by far his biggest fan and I know he will never get to that level. However, comparing all of their stats at 21 is to show one thing and one thing only: people can improve.

All round game superior to Lukaku let down only by his finishing. If we could have put a hybrid of Lukaku and DCL together he would be unstoppable. However being Everton it would get Lukaku's personality and work rate and DCL finishing prowess. If he follows his current improvement he will be a top class striker by 25-26 at the cost of £1.5 million.

In the real world there are very few 20 goal a season strikers who aren't already at top clubs. they are like gold dust and only the top teams have them and if they don't they get them the following season. Spreading the goals around, which Koeman said was in essence the correct idea, he just executed his plan in the worst possible way with no discernible ideas.

He knew we probably wouldn't replace Rom like for like and on that score he was correct and we still haven't but we are getting a better return off others, ideally you need your wingers/outside forwards/#10 to score 10-15 and I believe that's what Brands and Silva will build towards. So I wouldn't expect a 20 goal a season striker soon, they are few and far between outside of the CL.

DCL probably never will be prolific, too early too tell, but he has other attributes that contribute to the team scoring goals.

a striker getting a goal more than wingers whod have thought it

hes played absolutely pony tho fella
Yes but he’s had a fraction of the time on the pitch as them and Richarlison seems to be capable of scoring from the wings.

When Richarlison is up front we only have him and Sigurdsson that offer a goal threat.

With DCL up front we have him, Richarlison, and Sigurdsson and Walcott seems more of a threat too.

If he plays 90 minutes every week he would score about 10 a season. He needs to be on loan, but I guess he'll stay until we sell him in two years due to slow development caused by him never being a regular and having not gone out on loan to improve.

Think the lads developing well. Kane was poor at dcl’s current age. Look how that went. He works hard, is intelligent and a team player. Just needs to find those golden shooting boots! We just may have a real gem in our hands. And who thought an England team would win the World Cup and an Everton striker would have slotted the winning goal!. Keep the faith

Think the lads developing well. Kane was poor at dcl’s current age. Look how that went. He works hard, is intelligent and a team player. Just needs to find those golden shooting boots! We just may have a real gem in our hands. And who thought an England team would win the World Cup and an Everton striker would have slotted the winning goal!. Keep the faith
As Kane did, DCL needs to learn his trade on loan. But I can't see it happening and he'll never become a top striker imo even though he has many of the attributes needed. Would love him to prove me wrong, seems a great lad with his head screwed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back