2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patience is required, not with DCL but with the management to get rid of the likes of him if and when we sign some decent players. DCL can't help being what he is, and it is not for want of trying.

Poor today, but so was Tosun when he came on a total lack of service but we have not replaced lukaku or Ross barkley as yet - we need those style of players to get anywhere......

In our previous 2 games I thought DCL was finally showing improvement in his hold up and lay off play but it was back to his usual standad today. Dreadful without the slighest hint he has any natural striker's instincts.
No excuses with tiredness either as he was rested last game. I expect he'll play a lot less now we're back to 1 game a week. I also expect we''ll start improving for some inexplicable reason.

In our previous 2 games I thought DCL was finally showing improvement in his hold up and lay off play but it was back to his usual standad today. Dreadful without the slighest hint he has any natural striker's instincts.
No excuses with tiredness either as he was rested last game. I expect he'll play a lot less now we're back to 1 game a week. I also expect we''ll start improving for some inexplicable reason.
We will improve whether DCL is in the team or not. The players have struggled playing twice a week. The rotation hasn’t worked at all. When we can play a consistent 11 we’ll pick up more points again.

Why didn’t he throw Mina upfront at any point in this game ,hate to say it but a trio of strikers consisting of DCL,Tosun,Niasse is as grim as it gets

Like many not shackled to the "back the youngsters" mantra, I echo many of the recent posts. DCL has never been good enough for us and his lack of tangible progress is frightening.

He'll play against Lincoln and, like against Sunderland and whatever lower league rot we have played in cups recently, score, but he has nowhere near the required ability to lead the line for us (or even off the bench). He's terrible and barely gets involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back