2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many not shackled to the "back the youngsters" mantra, I echo many of the recent posts. DCL has never been good enough for us and his lack of tangible progress is frightening.

He'll play against Lincoln and, like against Sunderland and whatever lower league rot we have played in cups recently, score, but he has nowhere near the required ability to lead the line for us (or even off the bench). He's terrible and barely gets involved.
Last point is pertinent, he was just languidly jogging around today while the game passed him by. Too much glaring lack of ability to get by with such a mentality.

The opposition must love reading the team sheet and seeing the lack of goal threat with Dom leading the line.
I was talking about this yesterday at the match. I feel that he gets a lot of unfair criticism, but he mustn't worry the opposition defenders too much in advance.

Ultimately, that's a major problem and shortfall in our squad: almost all the other team above us has a forward (or more) that must actually cause defenders fear.

We don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back