2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. I am still optimistic. May as well have patience, it's not the only weak area on the pitch so far. I'm reserving judgement on everyone till Christmas.
Yes it was a bad miss yesterday that cannot be denied and DCL has a lot to do to prove he will become a good striker, I'm sticking with him in the belief that he will eventually get that bit if nastiness and selfishness into his game and emerge as a striker worth waiting for, but acknowledge to his doubters that mine cold be a hope that doesn't get fullfilled

I have to remind myself DCL only cost 1.5 million. He was basically a scratch-off lottery ticket in the grand scheme of things. Even if he doesn’t make the grade here, someone will come in for him and we’ll make at least a few mil.

I have to remind myself DCL only cost 1.5 million. He was basically a scratch-off lottery ticket in the grand scheme of things. Even if he doesn’t make the grade here, someone will come in for him and we’ll make at least a few mil.

a good way of looking at it you could say the same about Holgate

Stay with DCL as striker as there were enough encouraging signs that he could do a job for us...

Everton played well for 55mins & should have taken the lead during that period...

DCL was a constant threat & with Richarlison & Walcott they played the high press well & continually won the ball high up the pitch, some good signs of offensive play indeed....

Composure is needed in front of goal but this will come with confidence, I would be more worried if the chances didn't come to be honest i.e. : Cenk lad...

Overall a 6/10 with improvement needed & worth another punt in my honest opinion, I hope Marco sticks with him for our home game against Fulham on Saturday...

Stay with DCL as striker as there were enough encouraging signs that he could do a job for us...

Everton played well for 55mins & should have taken the lead during that period...

DCL was a constant threat & with Richarlison & Walcott they played the high press well & continually won the ball high up the pitch, some good signs of offensive play indeed....

Composure is needed in front of goal but this will come with confidence, I would be more worried if the chances didn't come to be honest i.e. : Cenk lad...

Overall a 6/10 with improvement needed & worth another punt in my honest opinion, I hope Marco sticks with him for our home game against Fulham on Saturday...

I think that he's worked hard enough to show that he can succeed. Without raw talent, you can learn to play and finish well, at least he has got fitness and strength and that's a good start. I agree it's worth sticking with him. One or two goals will set him up

Transfermarkt has DCL valued at £13.4 million, which seems high. On the other hand, they routinely lowball their valuations of players.

Holgate is valued at £6.3 million which sounds about right to me.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/dominic-calvert-lewin/profil/spieler/306024

https://www.transfermarkt.com/mason-holgate/profil/spieler/348623

I'm surprised actually. If they were at a Championship club and had played as well as they have at Everton (i.e. occasional good games, inconsistent but potential) I think they'd be £15m in this current market. Young English talent usually overpriced.

I hope he builds a good career somewhere. I cannot for the life of me see it working out here and probably not the premier league.

I'm sure he won't go the way of Anichebe though.

Hope the goalscoring will click for him like it did for Kane (obviously not to the same level).

I doubt it'll happen though so he'll just become the leagues new Shane Long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back