2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarre how good he is at the 'dirty work' but seems to go to pieces when he has the ball. And played great reverse pass in the the first half today to set us on the break, Richarlison had a shot saved.

That said I think we have too many players like DCL, players who have decent qualities but don't affect the result enough.

Because the kids are proven PL players as well? Have you even seen any of them?
Every week when I am not at GP or have not secured an away ticket!

The point is he is not cutting it so give them a chance!!!!

Did any of the following have prem experience before they burst on to the big screen:

Rooney
Fowler
Owen
Beckham
Scholes

The answer is no, because no youth player has experience at prem level otherwise he would already be a prem player.

All youth players have to start somewhere and not necessarily by being loaned out to championship clubs, if the players in the team/squad aren't cutting it and their is no transfer window then you have to look at the younger players!!!!!

Every week when I am not at GP or have not secured an away ticket!

The point is he is not cutting it so give them a chance!!!!

Did any of the following have prem experience before they burst on to the big screen:

Rooney
Fowler
Owen
Beckham
Scholes

The answer is no, because no youth player has experience at prem level otherwise he would already be a prem player.

All youth players have to start somewhere and not necessarily by being loaned out to championship clubs, if the players in the team/squad aren't cutting it and their is no transfer window then you have to look at the younger players!!!!!

All the players you listed you could see would be superstars. None of the U23 strikers are anywhere near ready mate.

How did that work out for us ?
Early days yet, I thought he did better than Tosun.
I also think he will get better in his true position, whether we can give him enough time to mature is in the lap of the gods before we bin him and buy a proper replacement...
Off topic I know but Davies had his best game...in his best position...since the City goal/game.
Like I said early days...but I didnt hear anybody shouting out...'Get Tosun on or Get Morgan on'

Its all from a low tosun/schneiderlin height bar but, result not withstanding (and Cech DID get MotM) it was 'up'

The kip of that scoring ratio

image.webp

I think DCL will be fine after one season, some confidence, tactics, and more games. I keep saying the England U20 WC winners came at the wrong time to Everton - Lookman, DCL etc, inc. Vlasic, because they wasted one year under Koeman / Allardyce and we have to give them one more year. DCL will be good, and championship loan with a view to bringing him back is not a bad idea, because we might not be able to afford supporting his development in the first team every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back