2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
To put this into context, Harry Kane at the same age as DCL was loaned out to newly promoted Norwich then championship Leicester where he scored a combined total of 2 goals in 16 games.

Looks like he's in for a lucky season
NO HE WASNT. I’ll debunk this myth for the 900000th time. At the age DCL is now - technically 4 months younger actually but nevermind - Kane scored 31 goals for spurs. The loans were a full 2 years earlier.

NO HE WASNT. I’ll debunk this myth for the 900000th time. At the age DCL is now - technically 4 months younger actually but nevermind - Kane scored 31 goals for spurs. The loans were a full 2 years earlier.
Harry Kane was on loan in 2013 to Leicester, the following season in 2014 he scored 12, the following season 2014/15 he got 31 in all competitions.

I don't think the two are comparable, but I didn't make the comparison.

To put this into context, Harry Kane at the same age as DCL was loaned out to newly promoted Norwich then championship Leicester where he scored a combined total of 2 goals in 16 games.

I don't think DCL was as bad yesterday as some have suggested.

But these Harry Kane comparisons are insane. Kane is genuinely world class. They aren't similar players in any way shape or form.

I don't think DCL was as bad yesterday as some have suggested.

But these Harry Kane comparisons are insane. Kane is genuinely world class. They aren't similar players in any way shape or form.
What type of player is Calvert Lewin? If you had to describe him to someone, you'd say something like...

He's a striker that doesn't score goals or even have many shots on goal. He's not quick. He is usually played on the wing but doesn't create space or chances for others. He once scored a goal in the youth world cup final.

..i think it’s wrong to compare Kane with DCL because they are different types. Goalscorers work with pictures in their mind of where they are in relation to the goal and the goalkeeper, DCL just doesn’t seem that type. He could become a real handful of a target man, with strength, aerial power and powerful running ability but I can’t see him ever being a prolific goalscorer.

What type of player is Calvert Lewin? If you had to describe him to someone, you'd say something like...

He's a striker that doesn't score goals or even have many shots on goal. He's not quick. He is usually played on the wing but doesn't create space or chances for others. He once scored a goal in the youth world cup final.

..I think he’s very pacey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back