2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some forwards, top class forwards, aren't prolific, they use their attributes to bring others into the game. I feel a bit for DCL because everyone is expecting a 20 goal a season striker and maybe he's never going to be that guy, doesn't mean he's not good enough for the Premier league. We should have brought a striker in the summer but we didn't so we have to play him and Tosun until it can be rectified and then you'll all get your wish and he will not be in the first team. The hatred on social message boards is insane, unnecessary and unjustified, people behind keyboards are damn right nasty, its astounding.

Not his type of game yesterday.
I still think if we are playing away from home to a top team he should play, but against teams that sit deep and dont let much space behind them tosun is probably the better option as he is more lilely to finish a chance.

Until january anyway when we spent 70m on werner than jobs a good-un

Some forwards, top class forwards, aren't prolific, they use their attributes to bring others into the game. I feel a bit for DCL because everyone is expecting a 20 goal a season striker and maybe he's never going to be that guy, doesn't mean he's not good enough for the Premier league. We should have brought a striker in the summer but we didn't so we have to play him and Tosun until it can be rectified and then you'll all get your wish and he will not be in the first team. The hatred on social message boards is insane, unnecessary and unjustified, people behind keyboards are damn right nasty, its astounding.
I agree with this. Not being good enough for us is no reason to hate him or give him abuse. I would prefer better, but he'll get my support until we have it.

I support the team. He’s not good enough to be in it. Nothing against the lad personally. Always want him to play well, but let’s be honest, it isn’t going to happen.

I actually think we’ve ruined his development.

He desperately should have gone out on loan the year we sold Lukaku but we didn’t buy anyone else like fools and forced a kid into our starting line up when he clearly wasn’t ready.

I’m not going to say ‘it isn’t going to happen’ for him though. That’s impossible to know for certain.

I actually think we’ve ruined his development.

He desperately should have gone out on loan the year we sold Lukaku but we didn’t buy anyone else like fools and forced a kid into our starting line up when he clearly wasn’t ready.

I’m not going to say ‘it isn’t going to happen’ for him though. That’s impossible to know for certain.
100% this

He’d be great in a different system where his attributes are more suited. At Bournemouth, say, where his physical attributes and work rate could compliment a strike partner which he doesn’t have here.

As it is, he’s not good enough (yet?) to be a lone striker for Everton if we want to be challenging the top 6. He lacks composure and that quality in the box. But that’s not his fault, so let’s get behind him.

How can you say he is not quick? He is regularly in the top five fastest players in the league whenever the stats are published.

It’s a fair point that maybe his movement in terms of where & when to make runs isn’t great but let’s juts knock the myth that he isn’t quick on the head.

Might be quick over 100m or top speed . But he doesn’t get round players and pull way, he didn’t exactly pull away yesterday.

'Believe in the youngsters and maybe they'll believe in themselves' @marcus

Well believe he's absolutely gash and shouldn't be nowhere near this squad.

A promising performance from young DCL against Fulham, always a threat & caused havoc with his pace when closing down the defence & won a penalty after a devastating turn of pace in the Fulham penalty area....

Needs more time & experience at this level but signs are encouraging....

More self belief in front of goal will come with more games & confidence...

I do think his athleticism helps in some ways in terms of what Silva wants to do on the counter. But he’s just not skilled enough. He could mature later, big guy, good athlete, but he needs a season at a lower level with a chance to bang the, in regularly. Has to find a way to learn how to score, finish, etc.

He doesn't bring others into the game either, though. In most games, even the ones he's scored in, he's been mostly anonymous. I don't agree with abusing people, but he is not good enough (currently) for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back