2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your view of the rest of his play?
Technically limited as it stands, but he has the build & athleticism to cause problems. Think his development has been stifled somewhat because of the crap we've endured over the last 18 or so months (Tom is in the same boat) but I wouldn't be in a rush to 'sell' either.

Think he's been a victim of circumstance somewhat, particularly over the Lukaku saga. Hard to figure out what'd be best for him at this point though..

DCL, Tosun & Niasse all have different attributes & abilities but it is absolutely imperative they are all valued by the manager as all three will play their part this season, it is a team game & squad rotation is key to success...

..i think it’s wrong to compare Kane with DCL because they are different types. Goalscorers work with pictures in their mind of where they are in relation to the goal and the goalkeeper, DCL just doesn’t seem that type. He could become a real handful of a target man, with strength, aerial power and powerful running ability but I can’t see him ever being a prolific goalscorer.
Well then we would need to play a prolific finisher alongside him
A fox in the box who does nothing else but score
Sadly to play 2 up front you would need an extraordinarily skilful midfield 4
A midfield 4 with 2 pacy wingers who could cross the ball , tackle and defend
A midfield 2 that could both play box to box , tackle , cover and have a varied range of passing
The Leeds team of the 70s and that other shower in the 80/90 were the last teams to have this

Well then we would need to play a prolific finisher alongside him
A fox in the box who does nothing else but score
Sadly to play 2 up front you would need an extraordinarily skilful midfield 4
A midfield 4 with 2 pacy wingers who could cross the ball , tackle and defend
A midfield 2 that could both play box to box , tackle , cover and have a varied range of passing
The Leeds team of the 70s and that other shower in the 80/90 were the last teams to have this

..I think ultimately we need a replacement, Bri. I think DCL will get game time as a useful squad player but we need quality along with all the physical attributes a modern day CF requires.

..I think ultimately we need a replacement, Bri. I think DCL will get game time as a useful squad player but we need quality along with all the physical attributes a modern day CF requires.
Agreed eggs
The lad is not good enough for a side looking to challenge the top 6
I like the lad and he’s a trier and seems popular in the squad but as you have often said , he was a low risk , low fee signing that could have been a hit , unfortunately he wasn’t and we will easily get his fee plus any wages he cost back on a transfer

It really doesnt matter at the moment because we can do nothing about it? I wouldnt sell the lad yet, but i do think he should go out on loan for a season to see if it is the making of him? Then if he shows something we have had a result, if he doesnt, he can be released, hopefully to the club he has been on loan at?

3 in 7.

He was on the pitch for 4-5 minutes and managed to take such an awful shot you wouldn't probably even expect from the defender. No power, no precision, nothing. I know it was meaningless today but it summed up brilliantly why he is not even close to being PL quality. Glad we probably won't see him around the first team anytime soon.

3 in 7.

He was on the pitch for 4-5 minutes and managed to take such an awful shot you wouldn't probably even expect from the defender. No power, no precision, nothing. I know it was meaningless today but it summed up brilliantly why he is not even close to being PL quality. Glad we probably won't see him around the first team anytime soon.

when i saw him lining up that 30 yard effort on his least favoured foot i was expecting the net to ripple ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back