2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of player is Calvert Lewin? If you had to describe him to someone, you'd say something like...

He's a striker that doesn't score goals or even have many shots on goal. He's not quick. He is usually played on the wing but doesn't create space or chances for others. He once scored a goal in the youth world cup final.

He's more a Marcus Bent type to me. Not going to be prolific it seems unfortunately . But can still do a role for the team in certain circumstances because he has that top end gas that can scare less mobile defenders.

A player I think we should keep in our squad but not the guy who's going to score the goals we need. If he ever does improve his finishing he becomes an extremely good player. It's just that he looks like scoring is unnatural to him and he lacks the instinct in front of goal.

What type of player is Calvert Lewin? If you had to describe him to someone, you'd say something like...

He's a striker that doesn't score goals or even have many shots on goal. He's not quick. He is usually played on the wing but doesn't create space or chances for others. He once scored a goal in the youth world cup final.
How can you say he is not quick? He is regularly in the top five fastest players in the league whenever the stats are published.

It’s a fair point that maybe his movement in terms of where & when to make runs isn’t great but let’s juts knock the myth that he isn’t quick on the head.

He's a less bulky anichebe

He needs a lot of work to become a premier league standard player. If you are not going to score at least be a thorn in their side. He was totally ineffective yesterday, can't remember him holding the ball up once.

Going to sound a bit mental, but he's better when he's running away from the ball than he is with it.

When we're playing at home, he'll always struggle as defenders tend to drop in against us - away from home against better opposition I can see him being a useful nuisance for us.

..i think it’s wrong to compare Kane with DCL because they are different types. Goalscorers work with pictures in their mind of where they are in relation to the goal and the goalkeeper, DCL just doesn’t seem that type. He could become a real handful of a target man, with strength, aerial power and powerful running ability but I can’t see him ever being a prolific goalscorer.
He reminds me of Welbeck. Unsure of where his best position is and not particularly good at either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back