2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like us to play a system where we have 2 up top instead of playing a solo striker. I know it’s not that fashionable anymore to play 2 strikers but so many times today he won headers and knocked it on to no one, with some support up there he could be a formidable striker
I’d love to go with Richarlison up top with him. I think we basically did play with two up top when we were pressing them high up because of how far forward Gylfi was there tho to be fair.

I think we’d be a lot more of a threat if we had Bernard and Lookman floating behind DCL and Richarlison, and then Gueye and Gomes as the two in the middle. I don’t see us dropping Sigurdsson tho and Schneiderlin as well has done very well since he’s came back into the fold.

Tried his heart out and held the ball up better he doesn't have that killer finish yet but is often isolated. But he is developing and should stay in the team its not his fault we have no genuine experienced first team striker.

His first touch still concerns me as does his general awareness. Put in a shift today, wish we had a better CF option, but it’s not crazy to suggest he’s another late developing tall striker.

Kept them occupied. It was difficult for Van Dijk to launch those sprayed diagonal balls he likes to do. Instead him and Matip were having to drop it off to the full backs or keeper who were aimlessly punting it down the pitch or going through the midfield slowly. It’s a small detail but DCL being on it for the full 90 chasing and harrying might not have looked like much but it’s a lot more effective than a slow striker standing upfront doing nothing moaning about a lack of service. There’s been games where Matip or VVD have been playing as a midfielder they’ve had to do so little so for DCL to keep both pinned back he must have been doing something right.

Status
Not open for further replies.