2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about getting behind the lad, like it or not, we are left with him as one of our main strikers, a bit of backing wouldn't go amiss. We are left in a pretty poor situation with our strikers, Brands and Silva putting a lot of faith in young strikers, let's try not to destroy their confidence if they aren't bagging 15-20 goals.

It's not Doms fault he keeps getting picked, just show some support, it might help who knows.

Why get behind someone with a proven capacity to not be good enough. With respect that makes me question, what your ambition is for Everton? He’s hardly some unknown quantity. Getting behind a player who’s not good enough, results in our standards slipping.

To combat drift and nothingness, we need action and vigour. Goals and assists. I’d go as far to say that we’re not destroying his confidence. Lewin taking our number 9 shirt, and his ego is.

Unquestionably the worst starting striker in the league

I was thinking that whilst watching Tammy Abraham slot two for Chelsea yesterday

Similar age, both regulars for the England 23’s, yet Abraham now looks the real deal, where as DCL just looks like a League One Striker, who somehow has ended playing up front for a Premier League team.

Last edited:
Not as bad as the Northampton striker clogging our famous number 9 shirt
It's a shirt number that's been worn by Sandro and Kone, Means absolutely nothing these days.
DCL won us games last season due to his work but lets all pretend that didn't happen so we can all rag on him at grand old team dot com
Like I said before he shouldn't be starting for us but lets not act like he is completely useless, He still can bring stuff to the team.

It's a shirt number that's been worn by Sandro and Kone, Means absolutely nothing these days.
DCL won us games last season due to his work but lets all pretend that didn't happen so we can all rag on him at grand old team dot com
Like I said before he shouldn't be starting for us but lets not act like he is completely useless, He still can bring stuff to the team.
lol lol

I really don’t see what he brings to the team. If we had Pukki or Haller upfront, Lewin would never start again.

The only reason he’s even in the squad, is because we’ve not had enough windows to replace him.

I’d wager in 18 months he’ll be sold, or on loan.

That’s the exact reason why we shouldn’t get behind Dowell or Davies.

Sooner they’ve been written off, sooner they’re out the team and sold.

If they don’t get written off they’ll turn into another Osman or Hibbo, and hang around draining our club of money.

I really don’t see what he brings to the team. If we had Pukki or Haller upfront, Lewin would never start again.

The only reason he’s even in the squad, is because we’ve not had enough windows to replace him.

I’d wager in 18 months he’ll be sold, or on loan.

That’s the exact reason why we shouldn’t get behind Dowell or Davies.

Sooner they’ve been written off, sooner they’re out the team and sold.

If they don’t get written off they’ll turn into another Osman or Hibbo, and hang around draining our club of money.
He's 22 I'd give him 2 years to see if he can improve or not before deciding whether to off him, I know him and Gylfi are GOT's favorite boo boys but some comments go way over the top like he's completely garbage which just isn't true.
It's more of Everton's fault than DCL that we've been forced to use a lad who cost 1.5m as our main striker because the club are inept while also buying Niasse/Sandro/Tosun along side him.

Tbf he doesnt pick himself

Blame Silva for persisting with him

Blame Brands for not signing a ready made Centre Forward alongside the 19 year old kid we signed still learning his trade.

Tbf he doesnt pick himself

Blame Silva for persisting with him

Blame Brands for not signing a ready made Centre Forward alongside the 19 year old kid we signed still learning his trade.

That’s why not lashing the Zaha money on Haller when he was available is nuts.

He’d of been perfect to come in, do well for year or two while Kean gets suited to England. Then sell Haller at massive profit and make Kean the senior striker.

Never mind, Lewin can do a ‘job’ apparently.

Why get behind someone with a proven capacity to not be good enough. With respect that makes me question, what your ambition is for Everton? He’s hardly some unknown quantity. Getting behind a player who’s not good enough, results in our standards slipping.

How can he possibly be proven to be not good enough at his age??

DCL played a big part in the best prolonged run of performances I’ve seen Everton put in against the top 6 sides for 25 years last season.

If it’s alright with you, I’ll give him the time than Silva and Brands believe he deserves.

How can he possibly be proven to be not good enough at his age??

DCL played a big part in the best prolonged run of performances I’ve seen Everton put in against the top 6 sides for 25 years last season.

If it’s alright with you, I’ll give him the time than Silva and Brands believe he deserves.
He's played nigh on 100 games for us now, easily a big enough sample size to form an opinion

Also were you not around during martinezs first season when we were schooling some of the top 6 , far more impressive than anything back end of last season

He's played nigh on 100 games for us now, easily a big enough sample size to form an opinion

Also were you not around during martinezs first season when we were schooling some of the top 6 , far more impressive than anything back end of last season

Nah, last year was far better imo.

1 games in enough for opinion it doesn’t make it right. At 22 no one is proven not to be good enough and I’ve seen players who look outstanding at 22 disappear and vice versa.

Last edited:
That’s why not lashing the Zaha money on Haller when he was available is nuts.

He’d of been perfect to come in, do well for year or two while Kean gets suited to England. Then sell Haller at massive profit and make Kean the senior striker.

Never mind, Lewin can do a ‘job’ apparently.

Brands shown himself up to be a bit of a diddy this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back