2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, last year was far better imo.

1 games in enough for opinion it doesn’t make it right. At 22 no one is proven not to be good enough.
But you can get a pretty good gauge of what's what, usually you'd expect to see some stand out quality around that age that'll give promise going forward, he's not, he's literally Cameron jerome/ Shane long reborn. Not good enough for what we're trying to aim for

I always fully support who ever plays for us no matter the quality of the player and as some of said it’s not fault he plays because are striking options are to be fair rubbish. Now he works hard and his hold up play has improved but taking chances are few for him but when they arrive he doesn’t convert now could be pressure lack off confidence. For me I would off liked him to go down to championship for big club or fighting for promotion and bag 20 goals like Tammy did for villa and come back with confidence but unfortunately we lack forwards so that can’t happen. I think we all want him to be successful not just because it benefits us but he is a good lad to but the pressure is there for all to see

But you can get a pretty good gauge of what's what, usually you'd expect to see some stand out quality around that age that'll give promise going forward, he's not, he's literally Cameron jerome/ Shane long reborn. Not good enough for what we're trying to aim for

Yes you can and that’s why the people who work with him every day who see his pace, mobility, work rate, ability to mix it up with defenders, hold the ball up well for someone his age and bring others in to play thought he was worth giving the number 9 shirt to and persevering with in the belief that he will be a top player in the future.

Why get behind someone with a proven capacity to not be good enough. With respect that makes me question, what your ambition is for Everton? He’s hardly some unknown quantity. Getting behind a player who’s not good enough, results in our standards slipping.

To combat drift and nothingness, we need action and vigour. Goals and assists. I’d go as far to say that we’re not destroying his confidence. Lewin taking our number 9 shirt, and his ego is.

My ambition for Everton, I'm a fan and supporter, do you want my realistic or unrealistic answer? As for 'why get behind someone' he's on the field in our shirt, yeah, try getting behind him and support the team or is that idea a bit radical for the young generation, who seem to think we can win pots all of a sudden?

I am against lambasting individual players, as someone has already said "he doesn't pick himself". The blame lies with management, I do not believe that DCL scores enough goals to be our centre forward, I have no doubt he is ding his best but unfortunately his best falls short of what we require.
Management have allowed the situation to continue were they believe he is the best we have at the moment, I have no doubt that if Kean takes time to adjust to England we will bring in a goal scorer in the next window. Hopefully Kean will fulfill his potential very early and become a Goodiison favourite like those of times past.

My ambition for Everton, I'm a fan and supporter, do you want my realistic or unrealistic answer? As for 'why get behind someone' he's on the field in our shirt, yeah, try getting behind him and support the team or is that idea a bit radical for the young generation, who seem to think we can win pots all of a sudden?

Considering only the 2 manchester clubs & Chelsea have spent more dough than us the past 3 seasons - yes we should be competing for stuff mate.

Our problem is appointing diddy managers and wasting money on tosh like Bolasie and DCL.

Considering only the 2 manchester clubs & Chelsea have spent more dough than us the past 3 seasons - yes we should be competing for stuff mate.

Our problem is appointing diddy managers and wasting money on tosh like Bolasie and DCL.

Mate, you and I both know that spending money like a fat kid in a cake shop isn't guaranteeing success, we have no divine right to win anything, it has to be earnt and while we are trying to build a squad capable, why not try supporting the current young lads who are being thrust into the prem as starting strikers a bit too early

If it’s alright with you, I’ll give him the time than Silva and Brands believe he deserves.

Totally meaningless statement, go through our recent history and you will find examples of people saying, trust:

Moyes, Unsworth, Walsh, Big Sam, Koeman, Martinez

On their opinion on a player, over a fan.

It’s a mechanism football fans can use to stifle debate, and make the debate into:

Our manager knows more about football, so you shouldn’t have an opinion that contradicts our manager.

How about use some critical thinking, do you believe if Silva had his way, he’d have Lewin playing games?

His analysis probably is, well I don’t rate Cenk or Niasse.
Lewin is more experienced in the premier league, so I’ll start Lewin.

That’s more likely the reality over the, ‘Silva thinks he deserves time’ Double-talk you have just said.

Yes you can and that’s why the people who work with him every day who see his pace, mobility, work rate, ability to mix it up with defenders, hold the ball up well for someone his age and bring others in to play thought he was worth giving the number 9 shirt to and persevering with in the belief that he will be a top player in the future.
Says a lot about our ambitions then

Says a lot about our ambitions then

It doesn’t in anyway.

When Brands and Silva took over it was widely accepted that this was going to be at least 3 years before they could sort out the mess of previous regimes. There doing an outstanding job imo but due to how well they’ve done last year there seems to be a belief that it should be happening quicker.

We’re building for the future more so than the present and were doing it whilst being much cleverer with our finances although as I’ve said all along I still think we’ll challenge for the top 5 this season with DCL and Kean as our forwards which is outstanding when you think the rubbish Silva and Brands inherited.

He's not a good footballer. He runs, he works hard and that creates problems for defences but ultimately he can't trap a ball, cant make decisions and doesn't score goals.

He's been around more than long enough to have a fair opinion on him, He's not a kid anymore, he's 22. Like we said with Barkley, we should be seeing him progress and become more of a threat but we aren't. I do think his general play has improved a little bit but he's still as lacklusture in the box and with his movement.

People want to persist with a striker who is not a threat to the opposition. Baffles me.

While Kean looks a bit raw, he's a much bigger threat going forward, appears better on the ball and links up quite well. He should absolutely be ahead of him in the pecking order now and for the forseeable future.

Ask yourself this question. If a teams parking hte bus against us, 20mins to go, who do you want to bring on to give best chance of bagging? Tosun over DCL any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back