2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he will

He just doesn't offer any threat what so ever. I honestly don't think I've known a striker who shoots as little as he does as well. He just runs around that is literally he does

How much have we spent the last few years? This big wardrobe is arsing round up front. We are a Shambles

Standard game from him.. offering nothing. How he leads the line for a Premier League team is beyond me, he must think it himself.

You only have to look at Kean when he came on. He had that chance that we all though was in. That shows his thinking. Get the ball and go for goal, a strikers instinct.
If that same pass goes to DCL he turns backwards. This is the difference.

...thought DCL ran the line well. The reason he starts over Kean is because Kean has been ineffective. Saying that, it was the best I’ve seen of Kean today. He needs to force his way into the team, there’s not much competition for him.
I like you Eggs but he was awful,he poses no threat at all,he lacks anticipation,he has no turn of pace,hes average at best in the air,look at his displays then look at Richarlison against West Ham,constantly harrying,closing down,dragging the CH wide

...thought DCL ran the line well. The reason he starts over Kean is because Kean has been ineffective. Saying that, it was the best I’ve seen of Kean today. He needs to force his way into the team, there’s not much competition for him.
He literally did run the line.... But without the ball and was totally ineffective. People make excuses for him all the time but today whether it was played into his feet, into his chest, into the air for him to win a flick on or into the channels behind he was woeful in every department. Easiest day in the league for any defender marking him. He's not good enough.

He literally did run the line.... But without the ball and was totally ineffective. People make excuses for him all the time but today whether it was played into his feet, into his chest, into the air for him to win a flick on or into the channels behind he was woeful in every department. Easiest day in the league for any defender marking him. He's not good enough.

...I think you’re wrong, I think his physicality will worry defenders. He’s the most effective we have (although I was very encouraged with Kean today). What DCL lacks is quality, you are right on that point but he did fine today without offering any threat.

i don’t get the hate for him, he’s lacking but it’s not his fault he’s the best we’ve got. Hopefully Kean can build on today’s cameo.

Considering that in most games we have more possession a return of 14 goals in 14 games is incredibly bad. You can pin most of that on our forward line. The lot of them have been absolutely hopeless. They just don't cause defenders any problems.

Considering that in most games we have more possession a return of 14 goals in 14 games is incredibly bad. You can pin most of that on our forward line. The lot of them have been absolutely hopeless. They just don't cause defenders any problems.

Because they dont attack as a team

Because they dont attack as a team

Well that might be true but one of the reasons they don´t attack as a team is due to how poor the likes of DCL are. When an opposition forward gets the ball 20 yards from goal, you get worried. None of our forwards have that impact, we are just happy if they control the ball and lay it off.

Only time we’ve looked cohesive and threatening in the final third this season is the West Ham game, richy up top with Bernard iWobi and Walcott behind, that’s our best front four imo, pace and movement

...I think you’re wrong, I think his physicality will worry defenders. He’s the most effective we have (although I was very encouraged with Kean today). What DCL lacks is quality, you are right on that point but he did fine today without offering any threat.

i don’t get the hate for him, he’s lacking but it’s not his fault he’s the best we’ve got. Hopefully Kean can build on today’s cameo.

Physicality. Come on Eggs, he’s not Drogba. I’ve seen a gust of wind blow him over. Defenders have the easiest day they get all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.