2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL will sprint past VVD every time, he is so much quicker....

Although he must be strong & not let himself be bullied...

If he can be strong then DCL can make him look average but he must believe...

Will be crucial DCL & Richarlison work well together on the counter to take the pressure of the defence....

Would love to see DCL give VVD the runaround he is faster than him...

But he must not respect him, he must treat as just another average Centre back & run him ragged....

Don't give him time, make him rush & challenge against him strongly....

His finishing in training still awful.
Niasse is far better lol
(in training of course)

What will stop him from becoming a top CF.

some on here love it because he runs around alot and gives 100% which is fair enough but I dont get the clamour over a CF who's finishing overall is average to poor.

As much as I have respect for what Moyes done for us he is responsible for brainwashing alot of our fans to value "running the channels" over actual finishing ability- the fact fans moaned about Rom and Yak been lazy yet loved Strac/Bent/Naismith because they ran around despite being massively limited says it all.

Its why for me we need a natural 442 type CF alongside him going forward as it would be a good blend.

What will stop him from becoming a top CF.

some on here love it because he runs around alot and gives 100% which is fair enough but I dont get the clamour over a CF who's finishing overall is average to poor.

As much as I have respect for what Moyes done for us he is responsible for brainwashing alot of our fans to value "running the channels" over actual finishing ability- the fact fans moaned about Rom and Yak been lazy yet loved Strac/Bent/Naismith because they ran around despite being massively limited says it all.

Its why for me we need a natural 442 type CF alongside him going forward as it would be a good blend.
What will stop him from being a top CF is our fans ragging on him for every miss he makes, 13 goals this season and you have to remember we were under Silva till December playing some absolute gutter stuff.
Don't bother saying "he only scores from defender mistakes or keeper mistakes" don't care he scores.

What will stop him from being a top CF is our fans ragging on him for every miss he makes, 13 goals this season and you have to remember we were under Silva till December playing some absolute gutter stuff.
Don't bother saying "he only scores from defender mistakes or keeper mistakes" don't care he scores.

Like when the RS used to moan all the time that Van Nistlerooy only scored in the six yard box. I must have missed the meeting when we decided those only counted for half.

DCL will sprint past VVD every time, he is so much quicker....

Although he must be strong & not let himself be bullied...

If he can be strong then DCL can make him look average but he must believe...

Will be crucial DCL & Richarlison work well together on the counter to take the pressure of the defence....

this has happened already, VVD scythed him down in the penalty area, didn’t even get considered by VAR and only on replay shown. Liverpool players know exactly what they can get away with in games. If that’s Keane on Salah I wonder what the outcome is....

The fact you continue to use 3 months and pretend the last 2 years and 7 months didnt happen shows you are bias in your judgement.

Like saying Jelavic was world class for us based on his first 6 months and forgetting what followed.

Michu was world class for Swansea for 1 season

Zaki was fantastic for a season then went off the boil completely.

I cant judge DCL fully until atleast next season but even then from what I've seen his overall game has improved but his finishing (see arsenal) of bread and butter chances will ultimately stop him from becoming the Kane/Lukaku/Aguero/Aubameyang type CF that we should be hoping to land to try finish in the top 4/6.

If we signed a 442 striker alongside him who was a natural slotter then I think we could get away with it - but I dont think the current front 2 are ruthless enough infront of goal to see us smash teams like we could do with Lukaku in the side and ultimately that can bite us in the backside (Arsenal, Newcastle, nearly against Brighton)

When did we last beat a team by 4+ goals for example?

The fact you continue to use 3 months and pretend the last 2 years and 7 months didnt happen shows you are bias in your judgement.

Like saying Jelavic was world class for us based on his first 6 months and forgetting what followed.

I cant judge DCL fully until atleast next season but even then from what I've seen his overall game has improved but his finishing (see arsenal) of bread and butter chances will ultimately stop him from becoming the Kane/Lukaku/Aguero/Aubameyang type CF that we should be hoping to land to try finish in the top 4/6.

If we signed a 442 striker alongside him who was a natural slotter then I thinl we could get away with it - but I dont think the current front 2 are ruthless enough infront of goal to see us smash teams like we could do with Lukaku in the side.

Why do you always ignore how integral he was from Jan 2019 when our form shot up?

If we signed a 442 striker alongside him who was a natural slotter then I think we could get away with it - but I dont think the current front 2 are ruthless enough infront of goal to see us smash teams like we could do with Lukaku in the side and ultimately that can bite us in the backside (Arsenal, Newcastle, nearly against Brighton)

ahahaha, The problem with DCL in previous season was he couldn't score to save his life and now down the line he's put 13 in the net no penalties either you're still complaining, Of course he needs to do the same next season but all the signs are positive right now he has very good attributes at a young age and it's been noticed by pundits and others, The goal posts for this lad are always changing and it's embarrassing tbh.

ahahaha, The problem with DCL in previous season was he couldn't score to save his life and now down the line he's put 13 in the net no penalties either you're still complaining, Of course he needs to do the same next season but all the signs are positive right now he has very good attributes at a young age and it's been noticed by pundits and others, The goal posts for this lad are always changing and it's embarrassing tbh.

His overall game has come on leaps and bounds this season im not disputing that whatsoever - but its obvious in a 442 we currently have a lad who's main strength isnt his finishing (no matter what his fanboys say bla bla 13 goals) and a top class wide forward who is playing in a more rigid front 2 set up rather than a 433/4231 which suits his natural game.

Its not necessarily a knock on DCL - its more long term I dont think them as a pair is natural nor ruthless enough in the 442 set up to have us right up there.

People can say we are a good side but being in 12th behind guff like Crystal Palace and Burnley tells its own story. Even under Carlo we haven't blown teams away and thats down to the whole team from Pickford up to the strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.