2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was rusty, shouldnt have stilted his run for Richys cross, should have timed his offside run better and should have buried the header from the corner.

Im being purposely hard on him because I want him to be and expect him to be a 20 goal striker, that’s the standard you have to hit in finishing those chances if you want to get there.

What did Richarlison do against Utd/Chelsea?

DCL wasted criminal chances against arsenal

We wasted as an attacking team God knows how many chances against Brighton and were lucky to escape with the 1-0 win.

Thats the problem over the course of the season we have/face dropped/dropping points due to not being ruthless enough in front of goal just as much as the GK/defence letting us down in other games.

Look at Chelsea- they could easily say they have a good young CF in Abraham but they go out and sign Werner as they look to constantly improve - we epitomise "we got with what we've got" and its no coincidence why we haven't won anything in 25 years because there has to be the constant desire to improve/have quality competing for every position on the field.
Oh the if that back heel flick had gone in you would not be posting on this thread considering he,and Rhico fed of scraps they both did well......

Oh the if that back heel flick had gone in you would not be posting on this thread considering he,and Rhico fed of scraps they both did well......

Not a problem with him today - see Joey im not blinded by opinions and will call it as I see it.

I've said numerous times I would rather DCL up top with a Lukaku type slotter and Richarlison out wide.

Thought he had a decent game up against one of the worlds best. Shame his cute flick didn’t lead to a goal and missed that tough diving header at the back post. First game back after 3 months so rustiness is understandable. Looks even beefier.

Did ok should of come off a lot sooner the 2 subs at the end was crap decision from the manager should of given that young lad at least 15 minutes to have a run at their defence

Am I crazy for thinking he would be a good captain? I'd like it to be Richarlison but I think his so-so grasp of English is a stumbling block for a role that needs communication.

Thought he had a decent game up against one of the worlds best. Shame his cute flick didn’t lead to a goal and missed that tough diving header at the back post. First game back after 3 months so rustiness is understandable. Looks even beefier.
Needs to spend less time on his insta stories and more time learning to trap a ball, van [Poor language removed] just chillin all game there

Am I crazy for thinking he would be a good captain? I'd like it to be Richarlison but I think his so-so grasp of English is a stumbling block for a role that needs communication.
I've thought this for a while. A great representation of the modern day footballer. He shows that with hard work, you can still live the dream.

You can see how much confidence he has now. He doesn't seem to panic as much on the ball and looks for options. If only he'd have committed to that run first half when Rich put it across....

You can see how much confidence he has now. He doesn't seem to panic as much on the ball and looks for options. If only he'd have committed to that run first half when Rich put it across....

he looked flat footed b/c he hit the brakes and parked himself in space before the cross he just wasn't expecting it to be whipped into the post. understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.