2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
it may come to DCL but we can't wait at this moment in time, He needs dropping otherwise Everton will start dropping down the table, Other senior players have shown past potential (Richarlison/Sig) DCL is not a goal scorer and we need goals, He's been given a damn good chance to prove himself and has failed to take it, He's a good player and think it's possible he might turn it up a notch but at this moment in time he needs to be dropped until he can prove he can start putting shots in the net.
When? How long can we carry someone who's a prospect in place of someone who is prolific? The lad has had plenty of opportunities to show his qualities by now. Kean is 3 years younger than him and looks many times more dangerous in front of goal.

Kean is still young & will need time too, so the sooner they both score the better, they will both be used a lot this season so it's support they need & not knee jerk reactions to every missed opportunity...

This kid sucks at football. If you can see it then you are hopeless. I suffer abuse from friends because this man wears the Everton shirt every week. Good grief. Not wishing an injury upon anyone but hoping last weekend was the last time I ever see him in a blue shirt

Because he had the audacity to ask for the number 9 shirt, based on his (lack of) ability and (embarrassing) goal record... our famous number 9 shirt that has been soiled and abused beyond belief. Kone, Sandro and now this clown!

I would say we don't loan him to the championship, he wont score more than 8 in a full season down there... and then we are stuck with him.

I highly rate both Silva and Brands, however I am starting to doubt them when they both seem to have faith in someone who a) is League One standard and b) has (low-level) championship potential - at a push.

Tosun needs to start. Ok he doesn't fit Silva's system, but he shoehorns Glyfi into it every week.

All our current problems start with DCL... ALL of them.

- Bernard, Sigurdsson, Richarlison and Gomes all look for alternatives when the option is to play the ball to feet to DCL. This myth that he can hold the ball up is ridiculous.
- As above but with through balls - they all know they are handing the ball back to the opposition - hence why we pass sideways constantly.
- As above but the other reason is that stephen hawking had better movement.
- the only skill DCL is competent in, is finding space... finding space where the play and game can pass him by without him having to get involved. Phil Neville was the master of this. When the chips are down, you can be certain Phil and DCL will hide.
- This is why Sigurdsson plays as a striker - because we have no-one else as little Bambi is away grazing somewhere.
- he is the biggest p*ssy I have ever seen in royal blue, and I have seen Simon Davies, Nyarko and Barlow. We are losing and he sh*ts outta that 50-50; makes me sick.
- he has zero finishing and composure. I am sure someone could make a collage of his misses.
- he isnt a good lad, another myth. He is a few good performances off becoming our Jesse Lingaard and humiliating us and himself on insta.

I have another 30 reasons but it's a bank holiday monday morning and i'm in work - I'll blame DCL on that as well soon lol
One thing wrong with this post you say you highly rate Silva, TBH he’s as bad manager as DCL is as a striker, it’s just a matter of who will go first. But if Silva keeps playing DCL, we know that answer.

Kean is still young & will need time too, so the sooner they both score the better, they will both be used a lot this season so it's support they need & not knee jerk reactions to every missed opportunity...
My reaction to DCL is kneejerk because that Villa miss was crucial and an absolute sitter, I can't defend him or have any reason in my mind for wanting him to start another game this season, Kean is still young and very inexperienced in the Premiership but his skill ceiling his way higher and has done more than DCL has on the pitch in a shorter amount of time, He easily could have 1 goal against Watford and 1 assist until Walcott fluffed it.
I've been trying to keep positive on DCL all last season while people were tearing him to bits but that miss was the nail in the coffin for me. We can't keep chancing it on him unless he begins to prove he can step up.

My reaction to DCL is kneejerk because that Villa miss was crucial and an absolute sitter, I can't defend him or have any reason in my mind for wanting him to start another game this season, Kean is still young and very inexperienced in the Premiership but his skill ceiling his way higher and has done more than DCL has on the pitch in a shorter amount of time, He easily could have 1 goal against Watford and 1 assist until Walcott fluffed it.
I've been trying to keep positive on DCL all last season while people were tearing him to bits but that miss was the nail in the coffin for me. We can't keep chancing it on him unless he begins to prove he can step up.

I have not seen enough of Kean to Form an opinion properly yet, but please remember he has been brought on when Watford were chasing the game & things had opened up & then at Villa when we had an all out attack so you could argue he has had more favourable situations to score but has still not opened his account...

Patience is needed.....the alternative at the moment is Tosun or Niasse which has already proved unsuccessful....

why does DCL get slated so much when more senior players are not playing to potential....

It will come from DCL we have to be patient....
100 or so games isn't enough?

Just like we waited for Anichebe, Vaughan (despite the fact his knees gave in, there was talent in there), et al.? At what point will he show he's actually a Prem level striker? I don't even mean a Kane, just a Prem level decent striker? He can't score (VERY LITERALLY), can't position himself well, his holdup play is abysmal, despite the fact he's got a decent physique going and he's actually improved it and looks ripped... When? What are we waiting for, a miracle?

I have not seen enough of Kean to Form an opinion properly yet, but please remember he has been brought on when Watford were chasing the game & things had opened up & then at Villa when we had an all out attack so you could argue he has had more favourable situations to score but has still not opened his account...

Patience is needed.....the alternative at the moment is Tosun or Niasse which has already proved unsuccessful....
DCL spent the full 90 somewhere on the pitch and missed a sitter.

Cmon mate. Seriously?

100 or so games isn't enough?

Just like we waited for Anichebe, Vaughan (despite the fact his knees gave in, there was talent in there), et al.? At what point will he show he's actually a Prem level striker? I don't even mean a Kane, just a Prem level decent striker? He can't score (VERY LITERALLY), can't position himself well, his holdup play is abysmal, despite the fact he's got a decent physique going and he's actually improved it and looks ripped... When? What are we waiting for, a miracle?

I have seen improvement every year watching DCL...8 goals 7 assists last year in all comps I believe....

I expect an improvement on that this season, it will come but we must believe & support him...

I have seen improvement every year watching DCL...8 goals 7 assists last year in all comps I believe....

I expect an improvement on that this season, it will come but we must believe & support him...
I've been one of his biggest defenders but other than that slight improvement during the Koeman times - he's at the same level, but physically better. Never improved in anything to do with being a striker.

He's a fast runner, should be physically strong but isn't, doesn't really use either of those things anyway, can't finish solidly and consistently (and that's being nice to him), what does he offer to the team? The lack of positioning for any cross that comes in the box (even though he's actually tried for 1 or 2)?

I've been one of his biggest defenders but other than that slight improvement during the Koeman times - he's at the same level, but physically better. Never improved in anything to do with being a striker.

He's a fast runner, should be physically strong but isn't, doesn't really use either of those things anyway, can't finish solidly and consistently (and that's being nice to him), what does he offer to the team? The lack of positioning for any cross that comes in the box (even though he's actually tried for 1 or 2)?

Take your points....

But I have seen enough improvement from year to year to know the lad has fantastic potential....

He does need to be more ruthless with his finishing I must agree on that, but I believe if he can get off the mark soon he will flourish & become a very good striker....

we forget the lad is only 22 , i was still urinating in chippies and throwing up on birds at that age

Take your points....

But I have seen enough improvement from year to year to know the lad has fantastic potential....

He does need to be more ruthless with his finishing I must agree on that, but I believe if he can get off the mark soon he will flourish & become a very good striker....
He has to show any ability to be remotely ruthless. I've spent my whole fanhood waiting for the next big thing, waiting for potential... Always big hopes, like for this lad, always nothing in the end.

I hope you're right, but as it stands right now - he's not PL level, and especially not for a team with any kind of ambitions.

gary nev spot on, give the lad time he will be good. he must be good in trainin just hasnt been able to properly transform it over and he is a good lad so lets just get behind him eh fellas
What does good mean though? I genuinely think he will only ever be a decent EPL player. He looks sort of lower table level at times. He should be a squad rotation option right now as he does have attributes that have improved in his all round game but he will never be ruthless enough to get more than. 8-10 goals at best in my view.. But our mistakes in the market previously mean we are relying on him and a 19 year old kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back