2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish half the squad had his ambition to improve and play at the highest level, the whole squad should be aiming for Champions League, not settling to be average and he’s improved each year so far to show he wants to keep getting better - He’s not said anything bad and he’s the one whose taken his chance when given it due to hard work, he’s always backed himself to play in the prem

It's all good having the ambition to play in the champions League, every player should have his ambition and determination, problem is he's a million miles away from a champions League club.

No he hasn't. Sensationalist headline again. He expressly states he's happy at Everton and how hard he's worked to get the no. 9 shirt here. All he's said is that he wants to play CL football and win titles one day.

Nowt wrong with that.
Anyone that says they want to play CL football pretty much is a come get me plea, a crafty one at that.

At Everton we don't do CL so he should just keep him gob shut, I can see right through him.

Anyone that says they want to play CL football pretty much is a come get me plea, a crafty one at that.

At Everton we don't do CL so he should just keep him gob shut, I can see right through him.
Okay mate. I'm looking forward to the next time we sign a player and they are asked about their ambitions and they say, 'well personally, from a young age I've always fancied flirting with relegation. Beyond that, after 2 or 3 years, my aim is to play in the Championship. Hopefully I can do that here at Everton.'

Now, it's probably a more realistic aim to have when signing for Everton than CL football, but I'm pretty sure fans would crucify him for the lack of ambition.

Players need to have goals. Our problem is we have too many like Sigurdsson and Tosun who are happy to just pick up a massively inflated wage packet.

Okay mate. I'm looking forward to the next time we sign a player and they are asked about their ambitions and they say, 'well personally, from a young age I've always fancied flirting with relegation. Beyond that, after 2 or 3 years, my aim is to play in the Championship. Hopefully I can do that here at Everton.'

Now, it's probably a more realistic aim to have when signing for Everton than CL football, but I'm pretty sure fans would crucify him for the lack of ambition.

Players need to have goals. Our problem is we have too many like Sigurdsson and Tosun who are happy to just pick up a massively inflated wage packet.
Come on mate, if you think for a second him saying he want's CL football is not a come get me plea then I don't know what to say, was he even asked a question about his ambition, I have not seen the interview.

It's a crafty way of saying im open to offers this window, I would do the same myself. Get an advert in the window without the stick from fans.

He's not even CL quality.

I think he'd be badly exposed if he went to a top side, but I wouldn't blame any player for wanting to push as high as possible.

Come on mate, if you think for a second him saying he want's CL football is not a come get me plea then I don't know what to say, was he even asked a question about his ambition, I have not seen the interview.

It's a crafty way of saying im open to offers this window, I would do the same myself. Get an advert in the window without the stick from fans.

He's not even CL quality.
I’d be more concerned if he didn’t say he wants to play CL football.

TBF is someone comes in with any more than £20m it would be good business. Ive always liked him but he isn’t the quality we need if we want to improve. Of course we aren’t improving and he will leave for a better club but lets not forget only last season most of the people on here were calling him championship level. I’d like him to stay and become an Everton legend by banging in 20 goals a season for the rest if his career but thats not likely.
This is surely a joke. Do you know how hard and how much you would have to pay for a striker that cam score 16 PL goals a season and not take penalties. £20m hahahaha I wouldn’t sell him for £50m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back