2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads way too soft sadly.

Lukaku or Rooney would have told box head to GTF and rightly so - he's the CF on the pitch.
Harsh, captain of england tells you he is having the pen he has to listen. Imagined he missed, you end up in a Mirallas situation, where the nation is calling him an idiot for not listening to the captain.
Decision was made by the captain, and it him that looks like the idiot

I just dont think he has the aggression/drive that the best strikers have mate. Looked slightly relieved when slackjaw took the ball off him which to me says he doesn't back himself 100%.

Too much Birkdale not enough Kirkdale for me regardless of how improved he is - they'll be a glass ceiling on his development when he doesn't have the same natural instinct/confidence as the likes of Kane, Rom, Rooney etc.
You've just completely made this up in your head.

Still imo not good enough to take us to the next level, we need a decent signed so at least they can fight it out, DCL is having it to easy, imo of late he’s been lazy for us.

….I think he’s not chasing lost causes like he used to, but I also think that has a lot to do with Ancelotti telling him to be more selfish & stay central. It actually helps his game.

I do agree we need a back-up striker, especially one who is a decent finisher. Whilst I think top clubs will have DCL on their radar, he’ll never score the extent of goals a Harry Kane will. He’ll get his quota, though, and score the odd goal Kane couldn’t but he’s in the ‘hope he scores’ when he gets a chance rather than ‘expecting him to score’.

Terrific we have him.

I just dont think he has the aggression/drive that the best strikers have mate. Looked slightly relieved when slackjaw took the ball off him which to me says he doesn't back himself 100%.

Too much Birkdale not enough Kirkdale for me regardless of how improved he is - they'll be a glass ceiling on his development when he doesn't have the same natural instinct/confidence as the likes of Kane, Rom, Rooney etc.
From Sheffield though isnt he

Harsh, captain of england tells you he is having the pen he has to listen. Imagined he missed, you end up in a Mirallas situation, where the nation is calling him an idiot for not listening to the captain.
Decision was made by the captain, and it him that looks like the idiot

Difference was Mirallas was just trying to increase his goal tally mate that pen was DCL's and he's the CF on the pitch - captain or not Henderson is a defensive midfielder he has no place on the pitch to be demanding the ball imagine Coleman doing that here he would be told to do one and rightfully so.

For me that was a perfect moment for DCL to puff his chest out and say "im the man in this team" back himself and lash it in the net and make himself a hero as make no mistake Rooney and Kane would have done the same and thats the difference in the mentality in the players and you could argue Everton as a squad - too nice.

Difference was Mirallas was just trying to increase his goal tally mate that pen was DCL's and he's the CF on the pitch - captain or not Henderson is a defensive midfielder he has no place on the pitch to be demanding the ball imagine Coleman doing that here he would be told to do one and rightfully so.

For me that was a perfect moment for DCL to puff his chest out and say "im the man in this team" and lash in it as make no mistake Rooney and Kane would have done the same and thats the difference in the mentality in the players and you could argue Everton as a squad - too nice.
I can see your point, but not everyone is built that way. Lineker wouldn't have done that, Ian Wright said he wouldnt either. He isn't a senior member of the team.

Imo Dom is playing a longer game than some of you give him credit for

Exactly that.
Let Henderson take it. If he scores. Fair enough. If he misses. He now gets publicly criticised by the manager. He’s being chastised for being nowhere near fit enough. He’s in that squad as a cheer leader role. If it were me I’d be taking ward prowse and lingard instead of Trent and Henderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back