2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it? DCL is the recognised CF on the pitch - end of discussion.

Henderson takes his opportunity and takes it off him knowing full well he isn't one of the big boys who will give it him back like a Rooney would.

Im not saying DCL did right or wrong however for me he never shown enough steel or confidence in himself to keep hold of the ball and tell slackjaw to do one.

We don't have enough arrogant, confident players in our squad who stand up for themselves hence why we get done over by referees every season and let teams bully us on the pitch at Goodison.
Do us all a favour and log off.

We are a squad of nice players.

"Cant argue with Captain Hendo" get in the bin imagine Henderson trying that on with Big Dunc.

…but Ferguson played for Scotland.

you may/may not have read my earlier post about an England Youth game. England had won the World Cup, Solanke was named player of the tournament & played for the Reds.

in this particular game Solanke had scored 2 & was on a hat-trick. England got a penalty late on. DCL grabbed the ball, Solanke wanted it. DCL wouldn’t give it to him & smashed the penalty in the top left hand corner.

Not sure if you watched that game. I did. DCL isn’t weak minded, he’s also converted a penalty at Wembley for the full international team.

That's why Keane was such a great captain though, he wouldn't have been an absolute weapon like big bollocks hendo was and tried to take the pen.

Oh I agree… but DCL can’t stop Henderson from being a muppet. His options were either argue with his captain, or don’t.

And Keane would have lost his mind if anyone had started chopping off at him.

Keeping calm and having emotional control I personally think is a good thing, especially in an international footballer who is taking penalities

Im not blaming DCL legs Henderson was the clown but my point was DCL's reaction wasn't the kind I like to see in a player who we have hopes of taking the next step and being a top level player.

99% of top players are arrogant/confident whatever you want to call it - an 18 year old Rooney holds onto that ball because he believes that he's the best doesn't matter that he isn't a "senior" player.

That belief is what separates good from great players and thats why we dont achieve anything as we haven't those sorts of players at the club.

Look at how the top sides players hound the referees etc.

Im not blaming DCL legs Henderson was the clown but my point was DCL's reaction wasn't the kind I like to see in a player who we have hopes of taking the next step and being a top level player.

99% of top players are arrogant/confident whatever you want to call it - an 18 year old Rooney holds onto that ball because he believes that he's the best doesn't matter that he isn't a "senior" player.

That belief is what separates good from great players and thats why we dont achieve anything as we haven't those sorts of players at the club.

Look at how the top sides players hound the referees etc.
DCL is a good teammate and that is wrong. But if he's ripping the ball off of the penalty taker then he's selfish and that is also wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back