2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because the captain acts like a bell everyone else should just accept it?

Nonsense imo - like I said if a 22 year old Kane or Rooney were in his position then they take that pen and balls to upsetting "Hendo".
Don’t think the solution is acting an even bigger one tbh

Longer term if a penalty comes up again it seems very likely it is going to be Dom, not Henderson, who will be taking it and that result has been achieved without “England players in public row days before tournament” headlines.

I'd say more like, the captain acts like a bell and has to face the backlash for doing so given that it ended in a miss. Honestly agree with the thought that if Dom would have argued or made a scene it would have just worsened the situation. He either argues with Saint Hendo and gets criticised and puts more pressure on himself to score, or Henderson take it anyway, misses, and then DCL gets blamed for unsettling him.
It's a fine between being arrogant and aware - the fact is, Henderson wouldn't have the balls to disrespect the likes of Kane to 'pull rank'. He had to have known that Dom still green at that level and was less likely to object too vicariously, bully behaviour it was.

Spot on that Henderson knew what he was doing. My main point was though DCL shouldn't be thinking about dressing room hierarchy or what the media will make of him taking a stand - his first and only thought should be "im lashing this in the back of the net" thats the point I was making the top level forwards just want goals! Good luck telling an 18 year old Wayne Rooney that the senior defensive midfielder is taking HIS pen!

Spot on that Henderson knew what he was doing. My main point was though DCL shouldn't be thinking about dressing room hierarchy are what the media will make of him taking a stand - his first thought should be "im lashing this in the back of the net" thats the point I was making the top level forwards just want goals! Good luck telling an 18 year old Wayne Rooney that the senior defensive midfielder is taking HIS pen!
yeah I do see what you're saying, a striker is traditionally seen as selfish. Dom may have even been a bit blindsided in the moment

Spot on that Henderson knew what he was doing. My main point was though DCL shouldn't be thinking about dressing room hierarchy or what the media will make of him taking a stand - his first and only thought should be "im lashing this in the back of the net" thats the point I was making the top level forwards just want goals! Good luck telling an 18 year old Wayne Rooney that the senior defensive midfielder is taking HIS pen!

I think DCL did expect to take the pen and just didn't know what to do first time the 'captain' comes and takes it off him. It's also LFC pulling rank over EFC apart from Older vs Younger.
I doubt he would have said sorry or anything. All of this confidence comes from the top 6 too. I'm sure that the idiots from the Super League top 6 have cliques in the England squad and act superior. can guarantee that i'm sure....
It's also why England never actually play to their potential, we can't seem to really play like a united team.

He's too nice? Get a grip. Yes he's nice, he's polite, respectful, articulate. What is wrong with those qualities?

Or would you all prefer a self entitled nob like Henderson
Both Roy Keane and Southgate have said he should have told Henderson where you go.

Yes I want my forward to be a n*b, Its not ball room dancing. And certainly don't want some Kopite rat riding roughshod over any Everton player.

Stay in your lane crap that.

Both Roy Keane and Southgate have said he should have told Henderson where you go.

Yes I want my forward to be a n*b, Its not ball room dancing. And certainly don't want some Kopite rat riding roughshod over any Everton player.

Stay in your crap that.
Southgate did not say that

"We had Marcus Rashford on penalties then James Ward-Prowse but both came off. We expected Dominic Calvert-Lewin to take it and I was expecting Hendo to go over to him and let him take it. We will pull rank next time."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back