2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see your point, but not everyone is built that way. Lineker wouldn't have done that, Ian Wright said he wouldnt either. He isn't a senior member of the team.

I think if Kane or Rooney were on the pitch Henderson doesn't do that so for me thats Henderson trying to be an alpha male and push little old Everton DCL around.

Would have been nice to have seen DCL show some steel and back himself in that situation you look at how often we roll over in games and its a theme that runs through largely the entire Everton squad. Same when none of our players surround the ref etc.

I think if Kane or Rooney were on the pitch Henderson doesn't do that so for me thats Henderson trying to be an alpha male and push little old Everton DCL around.

Would have been nice to have seen DCL show some steel and back himself in that situation you look at how often we roll over in games and its a theme that runs through largely the entire Everton squad. Same when none of our players surround the ref etc.
Had he been on earlier he’d have tried and succeeded with Rashford too mate, he’s that much of an arrogant sod

Difference was Mirallas was just trying to increase his goal tally mate that pen was DCL's and he's the CF on the pitch - captain or not Henderson is a defensive midfielder he has no place on the pitch to be demanding the ball imagine Coleman doing that here he would be told to do one and rightfully so.

For me that was a perfect moment for DCL to puff his chest out and say "im the man in this team" back himself and lash it in the net and make himself a hero as make no mistake Rooney and Kane would have done the same and thats the difference in the mentality in the players and you could argue Everton as a squad - too nice.
Mate he plays for Pat on the head FC he couldn't possibly.

We as a fanbase are generally less decoupled from reality than the loveables (which is something I value immensely), but it does have some unfortunate side effects…

Like this evening. Henderson tries to act the big man and screws up, embarrassing himself… RS are all over social media etc saying how it was “Captain Marvel’s” prerogative as skipper, and how he did nothing wrong, just rusty etc.

Meanwhile we’re here criticising Dom for being “too nice” after he did nothing except actually WIN the penalty that blockhead then proceeded to miss.

We as a fanbase are generally less decoupled from reality than the loveables (which is something I value immensely), but it does have some unfortunate side effects…

Like this evening. Henderson tries to act the big man and screws up, embarrassing himself… RS are all over social media etc saying how it was “Captain Marvel’s” prerogative as skipper, and how he did nothing wrong, just rusty etc.

Meanwhile we’re here criticising Dom for being “too nice” after he did nothing except actually WIN the penalty that blockhead then proceeded to miss.
ES TOO NICE LAD, HE SHOULD HAVE DIVED INTO THE CROWD, GONE TO THE ALE KISK AND BOUGHT A BOTTLE AND THEN SMASHED IT OVER HENDOS ED AND ASKED HIM WHO THE DADDY IS WHILE SMASHING IZ ED AGAINST THE GOAL POSTS LAD

NSNO

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on here

He's relatively new going into a major tournament. He's not going to argue with the captain is he? Nor would anyone expect him too. He's done nothing wrong. It's that idiot hendo who again looks an absolute tool

…I wouldn’t get too concerned about it, Matey. The doubters look for any morsel they can before scurrying off until his next gaff. He was once regularly referred to as a ‘Championship Player’, It’s not a reasoned discussion.

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on here

Why is it? DCL is the recognised CF on the pitch - end of discussion.

Henderson takes his opportunity and takes it off him knowing full well he isn't one of the big boys who will give it him back like a Rooney would.

Im not saying DCL did right or wrong however for me he never shown enough steel or confidence in himself to keep hold of the ball and tell slackjaw to do one.

We don't have enough arrogant, confident players in our squad who stand up for themselves hence why we get done over by referees every season and let teams bully us on the pitch at Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back