2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
How grim is this

Everton provided Calvert-Lewin with 31 big chances (as defined by Opta as an opportunity from which a player would reasonably be expected to score) last season - he scored from 14 of them.

This season, however, Calvert-Lewin has only been provided with only three big chances from open play, one of which he converted, in an opening-day win over Southampton, as Everton have struggled for creativity.

Indeed, only Norwich City (27) have crafted fewer big chances than Everton (28) this season.

We created more good goal-scoring chances for ONE PLAYER last season than we have done at all over the entire squad this season.

That is absolutely horrific.

We all know Dom hasn't been good enough, but when your creativity is so bad then I'm sorry but the problem lies elsewhere really.
Spot on!

The way fans have turned on Dom is grim. I honestly don’t get it when a player we know is very decent goes off form and people will say stuff like he isn’t arsed, his heads been turned etc.

Dom did an interview where he said he’s doing extra shifts in training, frustrated by his form but people still slate him.

Just don’t get it myself.
Isn't this the nature of modern football. Players are on huge wages and football is discussed 24/7 on news channels, local radio, national radio, football forums and social media. If he doesn't like it he could take a wage cut and drop out of the limelight to League 2, where things may be more sedate.

Take the money then do the job.

How grim is this

Everton provided Calvert-Lewin with 31 big chances (as defined by Opta as an opportunity from which a player would reasonably be expected to score) last season - he scored from 14 of them.

This season, however, Calvert-Lewin has only been provided with only three big chances from open play, one of which he converted, in an opening-day win over Southampton, as Everton have struggled for creativity.

Indeed, only Norwich City (27) have crafted fewer big chances than Everton (28) this season.

We created more good goal-scoring chances for ONE PLAYER last season than we have done at all over the entire squad this season.

We all know Dom hasn't been good enough, but when your creativity is so bad then I'm sorry but the problem lies elsewhere really.
It's definitely the case and it boils down to some players never ever seeing the pass

E.g. Doucoure, the amount of time someone gets on their bike and he doesn't see it and goes sideways, irritating

Gray, Mykolenko overlaps him 5-10 times a game and doesn't get the ball. If he does he gets to the byline puts a good ball in. This and his cut inside dross shots

Gordon, the worst part of his game actually. Too many times he has 2-4 across the box and doesn't put it on a plate. Needs to work on it

Richarlison has never seen passes really

Isn't this the nature of modern football. Players are on huge wages and football is discussed 24/7 on news channels, local radio, national radio, football forums and social media. If he doesn't like it he could take a wage cut and drop out of the limelight to League 2, where things may be more sedate.

Take the money then do the job.

I dont think he mentions DCL not liking it

They are just saying they dont like it.

I dont either

Its utterly dumb, but much of what football fans do is like that

I’d sell for 40+ tbh
He’s very effective when he’s fit at leading the line and getting on the end of crosses but we haven’t put in a decent cross since James and Sigurdsson so I’m not sure he’s the future unless we change our game big time… maybe we will? Frank used Abraham at Chelsea who is similar?
We sell for 40m and he bags 15 goals for Newcastle, GOT head will explode

I dont think he mentions DCL not liking it

They are just saying they dont like it.

I dont either

Its utterly dumb, but much of what football fans do is like that
He says DCL does an interview in he which he says he can't understand it. I totally understand, pundits etc push general analysis of players continually, so they will be under scrutiny. I don't agree with it but if you make yourself a news cycle, then you will be scrutinised.

you do know chelsea spent 220m in a transfer window at while lampard was manager?
I’m not knocking him, I’m all for keeping him whatever the situation at the end of the season… but he has yet to prove himself yet as an astute manager of transfer dealings.
Yes they did and as explained above, he can't really be blamed for those transfers

How grim is this

Agreed. Maybe should have kept digne and James. 2 of the 3 players who created all those big chances.

According to this: https://www.fotmob.com/leagues/47/stats/season/15382/players/big_chance_created

Digne and James both made 11 big chances each. Voldemort was next for us on 4. Then iwobi on 3.

This season, our top is richie and Gray, both on 5.

Last edited:

Don't know how to copy and paste but the comments on this page certainly not keen to have him

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220514-081258_Facebook.webp
    Screenshot_20220514-081258_Facebook.webp
    75.2 KB · Views: 66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back