2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean you can’t be arsed taking back the lie you wrote, okay then.
It really isn't that important he did an article in which the implications are clear he is working hard and he doesn't get support, do you agree that is implied? My opinion is like yours that he should get full support for wearing the shirt.

He says DCL does an interview in he which he says he can't understand it. I totally understand, pundits etc push general analysis of players continually, so they will be under scrutiny. I don't agree with it but if you make yourself a news cycle, then you will be scrutinised.

Scrutiny is fine, its going to be part and parcel as you say and we are most of us obsessed with our clubs if not the sport in general. Its the mentality of jumping to slate players based on pure assumptions that is dumb for me. Criticise a bit maybe if you THINK he is not trying but full on slating and saying bin him or sell as fast we can when a players been in and out with injuries, when the teams been utter crap in creating chances as pointed out above...

The guys done nothing previously to suggest he has a bad attitude and would stop trying IF he had a move lined up. Theres nothing but rumours about transfers and talk of his other interests in life. Judge him on his behaviour up to now and give the benefit of the doubt. Just seems common sense to me, and jumping to negative conclusions based on very little for such a player says a lot about the particular fan. Impatient and irrational is the majority mindset in the fanbase of most clubs.

Not aimed at you like, just in general it annoys me

It really isn't that important he did an article in which the implications are clear he is working hard and he doesn't get support, do you agree that is implied? My opinion is like yours that he should get full support for wearing the shirt.

No, since this is what the discussion was about:

Dom did an interview where he said he’s doing extra shifts in training, frustrated by his form but people still slate him.

Which you somehow interpreted as he did an interview and doesn’t understand the criticism:

He says DCL does an interview in he which he says he can't understand it.

Do you maybe need to go back to bed for a bit or borrow someone’s readers.

You mean you can’t be arsed taking back the lie you wrote, okay then.

No, since this is what the discussion was about:

Which you somehow interpreted as he did an interview and doesn’t understand the criticism:

Do you maybe need to go back to bed for a bit or borrow someone’s readers.
I am out of this, I felt it was a casual discussion. It is really not that important to me. I haven't intentionally attempted to manipulate, just gave my opinion. I don't feel the insults are merited but if you do good luck to you. All a bit weird for me. Laters.

I am out of this, I felt it was a casual discussion. It is really not that important to me. I haven't intentionally attempted to manipulate, just gave my opinion. I don't feel the insults are merited but if you do good luck to you. All a bit weird for me. Laters.

You got the wrong end of a quote and couldn't back down without your pants being around your ankles son.

The way fans have turned on Dom is grim. I honestly don’t get it when a player we know is very decent goes off form and people will say stuff like he isn’t arsed, his heads been turned etc.

Dom did an interview where he said he’s doing extra shifts in training, frustrated by his form but people still slate him.

Just don’t get it myself.
Boasting about his move to Arsenal at his GQ shoot doesn’t help.

I’d sell, but if we are to play to his strengths we’ll need Townsend back swinging them in, Myko has to improve into a Digne or Baines, and I think Patterson could be the key new addition.
One thing I've noticed about myko is he makes loads of overlapping runs but gets ignored constantly by either Gordon or gray intent on cutting inside trying to score worldies. If we used his runs more those crosses might just be coming in from the left side at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back