2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Maybe should have kept digne and James. 2 of the 3 players who created all those big chances.

According to this: https://www.fotmob.com/leagues/47/stats/season/15382/players/big_chance_created

Digne and James both made 11 big chances each. Voldemort was next for us on 4. Then iwobi on 3.

This season, our top is richie and Gray, both on 5.
It's not the letting them go, it's the replacing them with zero creative quality.

Digne a bit different - we did get a LB in. While I definitely understand letting James go, he shouldn't have gone outside of our transfer window.

Is what it is though. We had the chance to rectify it slightly in January but wasted a loan on El Ghazi. Dele isn't really a playmaker and Van de Beek was played deeper when he was fit.

We're in a relegation battle because too many people thought that too many of our players were better than they are.

All players have a price at which a club is well advised to sell. DCL's is falling with every passing week. And let's be honest: he's been of no use to us this season. Therefore, if we can get a decent price for him, it's a no-brainer to sell as will will still have no DCL but we will have, say, €40m to play with.

I’d start him tomorrow. Allows Richarlison to play left which gets him on the ball a bit more and makes him more of a threat. I get people are frustrated with him but I think the recuperation from a significant injury is what’s been holding him back rather than him having his head turned. Hopefully the extra rest he’s had and training has given him the belief and confidence that he is recovered.
Also think DCL helps us be more secure defending from set pieces, particularly without Mina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back