2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way fans have turned on Dom is grim. I honestly don’t get it when a player we know is very decent goes off form and people will say stuff like he isn’t arsed, his heads been turned etc.

Dom did an interview where he said he’s doing extra shifts in training, frustrated by his form but people still slate him.

Just don’t get it myself.
I get it.

A large chunk of the fan base have never taken to him, in a similar way to Pickford. They will always be waiting for a mistake, a slip, a little scandal here and there to justify their bile ridden words of hate and misery. It gives motive for their awful behaviour.

They hate that he has proven him wrong. They hate that their Football Guru™ status is in jeopardy. They are jealous of Dom and his success, and absolutely cannot bare that he doesn’t wear stone washed jeans and a Berghaus jacket like every other lid in the city.

The problems go waaaay deeper than the appointment of one man. Until the fanbase as a whole realises that, the board will continue to mismanage our once-great club.

And, sorry, but many of our fans massively overrate many of our players. After this season - and last six months of the previous season under the best manager in the world - it should be clear to all but the blinkered that the players are simply not good enough. There needs to be a massive, ruthless purge of our playing staff come the summer. The alternative, inevitably, will be the sacking of yet another manager come Christmas and another mindless go on the merry-go-round.

….the club is a mess of mismanagement, I have no doubt about that but I also have no doubt the appointment of one man turned us into a relegation outfit.

Still, we can have that debate another today. Just concentrating on a win today.

The way fans have turned on Dom is grim. I honestly don’t get it when a player we know is very decent goes off form and people will say stuff like he isn’t arsed, his heads been turned etc.

Dom did an interview where he said he’s doing extra shifts in training, frustrated by his form but people still slate him.

Just don’t get it myself.
Nah, not too sure on that.
'The Fans' eh ...what % of 'The Fans' is open for debate - and probable unknowable...but let's stick with the generic 'Fans' have turned on him.
Many weren't too impressed with him before he hit his mini purple patch.
I always rated him and said although he's not an Instinctive scorer - Aguerro he ain't - the better the team he is in the more he will score and yeah I know any striker would.
I think, ATM, he and (some of) the 'fans' have just reverted to pre mini purple patch form.
For what it's worth, in the brief cameo we saw last week, I though he looked a bit sharper and 'up for it'.

If he goes to a 'better' more in form team like Arsenal he might get 20.
If he went to an on blob City he might get the same 20, but with his work rate, heading, etc, he'd probably help 3 others get
15 each.
I suspect Arteta and Arsenal see him as Giroud MkII.
Who knows what Pep (sometimes over) thinks.
Newcastle maybe (correctly) thinking in baby step improvements about getting Kane's England understudy signed in lieu of the real thing - for now.

I hope he stays, I rate him.

He's looked miles off it. Look at his performance away to Burnley.

Couldn't hold it up all night. Look at the second goal again and the build up. Tarkowski was near the halfway line with his back to goal and DCL right there who could've closed him down to get a throw in or force him to play it back to Pope. Instead he just stands there, lets Tarkowski do what he likes and 10 seconds later it's 2-2.

Hopefully that result dosen't really matter now but it could've easily done. Lampard to his credit taken notes and since then he's barely been used either side of his latest injury.

He had a nice 18 month peak but think it's a case of moving him on now, that happens with players especially ones who've had serious injuries.

I get it.

A large chunk of the fan base have never taken to him, in a similar way to Pickford. They will always be waiting for a mistake, a slip, a little scandal here and there to justify their bile ridden words of hate and misery. It gives motive for their awful behaviour.

They hate that he has proven him wrong. They hate that their Football Guru™ status is in jeopardy. They are jealous of Dom and his success, and absolutely cannot bare that he doesn’t wear stone washed jeans and a Berghaus jacket like every other lid in the city.
They can’t relate

I fully expect Dominic Calvert-Lewin to get the summer under his belt and return fit, strong, and ready to do the business for us next season. I doubt there is anybody out there more disappointed and frustrated than the man himself with the way things have turned out for him this season.

I get it.

Perhaps it's because he has been an awful striker for years and could barely notch 6 goals most seasons. Then, in 1 solitary season he had a blinder and then got injured.

His past form suggests he's not very good. We all want him to do well buy I personally won't won't surprised if we don't see much of him again. His off field modeling does rub people up the wrong way, I certainly don't think he's a metrosexual Marxist like most of the fans that seem to love crawling up his arse. I think he just enjoys a bit of the controversy though. I think he's trolling everyone and it's pretty funny actually.

Perhaps it's because he has been an awful striker for years and could barely notch 6 goals most seasons. Then, in 1 solitary season he had a blinder and then got injured.

His past form suggests he's not very good. We all want him to do well buy I personally won't won't surprised if we don't see much of him again. His off field modeling does rub people up the wrong way, I certainly don't think he's a metrosexual Marxist like most of the fans that seem to love crawling up his arse. I think he just enjoys a bit of the controversy though. I think he's trolling everyone and it's pretty funny actually.
Which season out of the two was the blinder? Looks like he had two good seasons to me. Plus with only being 21/22 at the start of the 2019/2020 I think it's a bit rich to criticise him for being 'awful for years' when he was a teenager for a good chunk of it. Have some realistic expectations, come on.

1652618616758.png

Which season out of the two was the blinder? Looks like he had two good seasons to me. Plus with only being 21/22 at the start of the 2019/2020 I think it's a bit rich to criticise him for being 'awful for years' when he was a teenager for a good chunk of it. Have some realistic expectations, come on.

View attachment 165680
15 goals is not a blinder mate. A striker should be targeting 20 goals a season. He hasn't been a teenager for 6 years mate, he's 25 and it is absolutely fair to criticise him on his performances now. I think you should be looking to be established in the first team at around age 23 if you're going to "make it" and I mean that you should be having a significant impact on team performances at that age.

I fully accept he's had a difficult injury this season but there's nothing really to suggest he's going to hit 20 again for us. His strike rate has always been poor, he's not clinical and when you're struggling to create chances you need your striker to be able to take the few chances that present themselves.

View attachment 165680
Most of those game he played on the wing, only Carlo seen his potential ....... as a CF which he proved he was England call up etc ....

15 goals is not a blinder mate. A striker should be targeting 20 goals a season. He hasn't been a teenager for 6 years mate, he's 25 and it is absolutely fair to criticise him on his performances now. I think you should be looking to be established in the first team at around age 23 if you're going to "make it" and I mean that you should be having a significant impact on team performances at that age.

I fully accept he's had a difficult injury this season but there's nothing really to suggest he's going to hit 20 again for us. His strike rate has always been poor, he's not clinical and when you're struggling to create chances you need your striker to be able to take the few chances that present themselves.
I wish someone had bagged 15 goals this season for us, mate .....

Do you know how many Everton Strikers have scored 20 goals in the last 40 years?

I know it’s a target but a 20 goal a season striker particularly a consistent one is an absolute unicorn in football particularly outside of the elite.

Fwiw I think DCL stays, I have significant worries about how he’s handled his injury (if the club haven’t wrapped him in cotton wool) and I don’t think he has much more of a ceiling than we have seen but he’s by far and away the best striker we’re going to get and we should all be hoping he smashes it next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back