2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go with that. He is either not fit or can't be bothered exerting himself. Either way it's painful to watch.
Ancelotti made him a goalscorer.

Which is fine when you're scoring goals, but he's not.

So he should be going back to basics and working hard for the team.

But it's just one of them innit.

I actually think him pointing out that it was his goal was stupid.

I know VAR looks at everything (except the Richarlison penalty, obviously), but just on the off chance they’ve missed something. Why point out to the ref that you made contact and risk it being ruled out for offside?

Am I being silly here?
He’s not scored for ages and would mean a lot to him. All players want to claim goals. If it was gonna be offside it would be flagged up regardless.
So yes. You’re being silly.

I know VAR looks at everything (except the Richarlison penalty, obviously), but just on the off chance they’ve missed something. Why point out to the ref that you made contact and risk it being ruled out for offside?

Am I being silly here?
Thought exactly the same so not being silly. It told me a lot about his selfishness and he should have left it till the end of the match if we had won......only thinking of himself

He’s not scored for ages and would mean a lot to him. All players want to claim goals. If it was gonna be offside it would be flagged up regardless.

Of course it would possibly be flagged up regardless. But that stuff can wait until after the game when the goal has been given. On the off chance that VAR has missed a slight touch off him in an offside position, why point it out?

Am I being silly here?
He knew he wasn't offside obviously...Is there anything our fans won't give out about when it comes to Dom? He scored, in an important game ffs

regardless, your super hero was not so super and instead of being with the collective he was trying his hardest to claim the goal for personal reasons. Should have shut his gob until the game was done and dusted. He wasn't being part of a team more interested in the personal glory is what rankles with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back