2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know he wasn’t. But he couldn’t be sure at the time.

Ah maybe I am being silly. Just thought there was no need for it until after the game.
Yes he could be sure...he's a professional footballer so would be more aware than most, and he was very much onside, not even marginal...there was never any doubt

Maybe you were in the mood for banter in the 10th minute when the thing actually occurred.

I actually wasn’t.

But that’s what I mean, maybe I’m seeing this in hindsight. At the time I thought it was a bit unnecessary. Not malicious of course, and it’s extremely unlikely that anything would have come of it. I just had horrible visions of it somehow being ruled out for a Calvert-Lewin infringement.

regardless, your super hero was not so super and instead of being with the collective he was trying his hardest to claim the goal for personal reasons. Should have shut his gob until the game was done and dusted. He wasn't being part of a team more interested in the personal glory is what rankles with me.
Christ.

I actually wasn’t.

But that’s what I mean, maybe I’m seeing this in hindsight. At the time I thought it was a bit unnecessary. Not malicious of course, and it’s extremely unlikely that anything would have come of it. I just had horrible visions of it somehow being ruled out for a Calvert-Lewin infringement.

If it had been ruled out VAR would have spotted it whether he claimed the goal or not.

Yes he could be sure...he's a professional footballer so would be more aware than most, and he was very much onside, not even marginal...there was never any doubt

He’s a professional footballer so would be more aware than most is a wild statement.

Even as a professional footballer, you can’t tell who’s behind you or what’s happened in the build up. Anyone watching on TV with any knowledge of the rules would have a better idea.

But yes, it wasn’t even close. I was being paranoid.

If it had been ruled out VAR would have spotted it whether he claimed the goal or not.

I know. Or you’d think so anyway.

I just had horrible thoughts of someone in the VAR office/booth/park(?) missing the slight touch, then Michael Oliver grassing us up and it being ruled out for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back