2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need him fit for Thursday night, the whole team including Dom were flying before the sending off. Need the same belief come Palace and steamroll them.
With the defenders we are missing i think we need to try and outscore them rather than smash and grab, and Dom will be vital in that.

We need him fit for Thursday night, the whole team including Dom were flying before the sending off. Need the same belief come Palace and steamroll them.
With the defenders we are missing i think we need to try and outscore them rather than smash and grab, and Dom will be vital in that.
Yep

Don't waste your breath, we suck the life out of anything/one that comes near this club
Like I've previously posted, I thought he started well and like the rest of them was impacted by the sending off; admittedly, after half time I felt he was poor.

Nevertheless, we need as many first team players on that pitch as possible and with Salmon now suspended that means we're relying on Richarlison and DCL.

When the season is over, we can then talk about his future and whatnot.

Is a goal for him yesterday not a good thing regardless of how it went in because he's broken his duck? We need him to feel as if he can score.

Exactly this, that was my point about top class strikers and their obsession with scoring. It is not a bad thing to want to claim a goal and if that means he gets that confidence and feeling of bagging goals then it is only positive. The only negative is if Richarlison threw his toys out the pram, which he certainly did not, maybe he understood that Calvert-Lewin needed it more than he did.

So any other injuries that he has don't count because the main one is done and dusted, not sure I get the logic here.

The logic is he’s been poor and been available more often than not. It’s a forum so you can agree or disagree it’s all good.

Yes

The problem is that he didn't look fit by the end of the game. I think he's a sub at best against Palace
He'll only get fit by playing games. Based on what I saw for the first forty-five minutes, I'd take a punt with DCL over someone like an out of form Gray.

Our defence is likely to be a poor substitute with the number of key individuals out, so I'm praying for us to get the necessary goals to win.

Don't waste your breath, we suck the life out of anything/one that comes near this club
The GOT is very down today - to be expected - but fans forget playing with ten men for 80 minutes or so was a very hard task, so they are lashing out at players - DCL scored & they still moan .... other players who had good games are getting criticised, - if we had won it would have been totally different - So it up & v Palace on Thursday for 3 points - trying for 3 points & keeping 11 men on the pitch may help.....

The GOT is very down today - to be expected - but fans forget playing with ten men for 80 minutes or so was a very hard task, so they are lashing out at players - DCL scored & they still moan .... other players who had good games are getting criticised, - if we had won it would have been totally different - So it up & v Palace on Thursday for 3 points - trying for 3 points & keeping 11 men on the pitch may help.....
I just want it over now, it's been hanging over me (us) for months and, despte some very good results recently we are still in it. Just effing stay up, and get rebuild next season PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.