2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is the boring answer, but we are not all going to agree on Dom's value when he's coming off a season wrecked by injury. For me that's the reason we should just hold on to him and see what happens next year. It's really tough to replace someone with his characteristics. If he'd replicated his breakthrough season, we would absolutely be talking about some of the high figures people are throwing out. But he didn't and he doesn't have the track record so it's not realistic right now.

If Newcastle wants to go crazy with a transfer fee, of course that would be fantastic. But as much it pains me to say it, they've actually been rather smart so far. Even their dumb signing helped relegate Burnley. My kingdom for a Bruno Guimaraes signing when we had money.

How would folks feel if we got 60m for Dom?
I'd be fine with it because that's a massive amount of money for a player who barely played this year, and unfortunately there might be increased risk of further muscular injuries for him moving forward. With that being said, I could easily seem him being worth a decent amount more this time next year, and I'd be sad to see him leave the club.

The key for me is I don't see how we get any better if we sell both him and Richy in the same window. And because of contract length, it probably makes more sense to sell Richy.

I would keep him.

Its fine if others dont rate him, but honestly, I wouldnt sell for less than 90million.

His value doesnt matter, his value to Everton is all that counts, thats why our record signing is somebody from Swansea and not Barca.
His value in the market does matter though. Everton don't operate in a bubble and Everton aren't above needing to sell their best players for finances/player's own interests.

If the club didn't back itself to replace a pair of 1-in-3.5 forwards with the £100m or so that they could be expected to fetch between them, it wouldn't say much for this new DoF or his recruitment set up.

Look at the amount of goals created by Number 10 and Hamez there.

Criminal that they both left and we replaced them with El Ghazi.

This is also good reason to value Dom and Richy so highly. As others have pointed out, you put either in a team with creative players and they’ll bang in goals. Both are exceptional with their head, especially Dom.

Been highlighted a few times on here, but not having him to defend free kicks and corners killed us this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back