2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are pretty bad.
Things have progressed a lot in my lifetime and I appreciate this is a football website so “banter” is par for the course - generally I can laugh and not get annoyed.

But, particularly in a thread about someone who is stepping out of defined gender lines, the subconscious sexism can be a bit much to ignore.

Don’t think we’re better with him in the side despite vulture goal when Richarlison s shot grazed his shirt.

Whether he’s hurt or can’t be bothered, it’s the same. He’s not doing all of the things that he’s known for doing like holdup play, winning duels, battrting CBs etc. he can’t create much on his own and our team lacks the playmakers needed to get him the ball. So he’s a net negative.

Things have progressed a lot in my lifetime and I appreciate this is a football website so “banter” is par for the course - generally I can laugh and not get annoyed.

But, particularly in a thread about someone who is stepping out of defined gender lines, the subconscious sexism can be a bit much to ignore.
Agreed. It's not just the usual forum 'handbags'.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!

Kin'ell fella people have been bouncing around town in whatever gear they want for decades and more power to them. The catty comments are more to do with the fact that the lad missed 16 games with a toe injury. He can be defined as whatever he wants, just you know let's sort the day job out first before we go dancing around our handbags in Popworld.

He did maybe slightly better than his recent performances but I still don't think it was enough. His all round game was just pretty poor. In the second half we needed him to hold the ball and occupy defenders but he kept giving it away easily or chesting it off to no one.

He looked spent by the end of the game too, so I don't expect him to play against Palace.

He frustrated me again yesterday, and i'd only have him off the bench for the last 20/25mins of games for the next couple - think we get more out of him that way

won a couple of flick ons early on, most of his touches were totally off and looked lethargic for most of the game again, times when gomes/iwobi were chasing down his men for him

Don’t think we’re better with him in the side despite vulture goal when Richarlison s shot grazed his shirt.

Whether he’s hurt or can’t be bothered, it’s the same. He’s not doing all of the things that he’s known for doing like holdup play, winning duels, battrting CBs etc. he can’t create much on his own and our team lacks the playmakers needed to get him the ball. So he’s a net negative.
Tbf he won the aerial duel to flick the ball in for Richy's pen but yeah a shadow of the player from last year.

Doing gods work claiming Richie goals. Hopefully he can steel a few more from him in the next 2 games keep richies numbers down maybe a big club wont come in for our rightful no.9.

Status
Not open for further replies.