2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't put Beckford In amongst those, as he was always an option off the bench rather than the talismanic leading striker. Had a lot of ability though, but was generally a cameo and his career with us felt short. Other than that you are 100% right. I'd even argue there's a case Andy Johnson is above him.

Was it Beckford who showed up late for a home game once?

Fond memories of his wonder goal against Chelsea on the last day of the season.

Even if he wanted to play I'd rather we saved him for the next two home games. With Dominic Calvert-Lewin tonight, we might get a win. With Dominic Calvert-Lewin against Leeds and Villa, we should.

Personally, I think it's so important to keep the new manager bounce. If the wheels come off tonight, I will not be confident about Leeds or Villa at all.

Personally, I think it's so important to keep the new manager bounce. If the wheels come off tonight, I will not be confident about Leeds or Villa at all.

Yeah, but if he played ten mins tonight and made his knock worse we'd be in a potentially worse predicament. If he's not fit, he's not fit.

Yeah, but if he played ten mins tonight and made his knock worse we'd be in a potentially worse predicament. If he's not fit, he's not fit.

He's never going to be 'fit' this season. He'll always be coming off after 60 minutes. He probably won't even be ready for Saturday. I'm just disappointed because tonight is the type of game you should be doing everything you can to play in.

Disappointing that DCL isn't fit for this one - but if you're not fit then you can't play.

Clearly can't be relied upon and time must be running out on him at Everton - big second half of the season for DCL

He's never going to be 'fit' this season. He'll always be coming off after 60 minutes. He probably won't even be ready for Saturday. I'm just disappointed because tonight is the type of game you should be doing everything you can to play in.

Who says he isn't though? Maybe the manager has just deemed it not worth the risk - quite rightly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back