2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need him back obviously but I think people are kidding themselves if they think that would have been a different game. Our midfield was overrun and our wide players are slow with appalling delivery.
It could’ve been different imo
That goal from us hitting the post was a sucker punch
They had no real chances before that but Simms couldn’t hold it up or cause anywhere near the problems Dom did against Arsenal so who knows what might have happened

Would have made zero difference tonight. Simms did not hold the ball up, neither does Dom. For that he lacks close control, first touch and intelligence/street smartness.
Absolutely criminal negligance by our board/dof not to adress the CF problem a) during the summer, then b) in january.

Our CF and fullback positions are major, major weaknesses.

That is more a sad indictment of the central strikers we have had in that period rather than a reflection of Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s ability.

I don’t know if these lids wore the fabled No. 9 jersey when the were here but IMO Big Dunc, Kevin Campbell, The Yak, Saha, Beckford, Lukaku and Wayne Rooney if we are counting him were better strikers than Dominic Calvert-Lewin in the oast 25 years.
Beckfoed and Ferguson no chance.
Ferguson better fist pumper, but spent more time injured than any of other striker there, barely managed double figures

Dyche saying he needs to get himself right, not just the injury but generally. Presume he means fitness? Only really matters that he didn’t say defo back training tomorrow and fine for Leeds.

The reality is, he’s impacted by something. Whether that’s physically or mentally, only someone with more inside knowledge will confirm.

If he’s trying to put himself I. The shop window, however, that’s the perfect game, and he’s not even able to make the bench.

We can’t rely on him and a decent offer needs to be accepted.

The most bizarre thing I find about this situation is that he has been pinpointed as the sole remedy to our problems by some.

I also find it odd should we have gotten another forward, fans saying it should be a forward like him. What’s the point? Why not have different options, someone who can run in behind with pace, off the shoulder type player. Otherwise we just have no variety, everything is the same. That’s not what good sides have. Good sides have different options.

It’s irrelevant now anyway, abysmal recruitment over the years, a lack of replacements with no activity in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back