2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a different injury each time as well. Since November we've seen hamstring, knee and shoulder injuries. I don't believe it's simply bad luck.

I think that's what Dyche is referring to when after the match he talks about him getting properly fit, not just available for the next game. Whatever happened under Rafael when he was rushed back in, his body is clearly picking up injuries left right and centre when pushing itself at elite sporting level. He's clearly miserable on the field, and I don't think that's down to his attention being elsewhere or on another club etc- he's just constantly getting injuries.

If he was touch and go for last night then unless something relapses he should be ok for the weekend
The manager didn't say whether or not he would be back. Just said he wouldn't be rushing him because it's not just about this injury, but building up his overall fitness to try and prevent future injuries. That sounded like a longer term period of recovery is needed.

It feels like there’s something the club aren’t telling us about him. Lampard said he needed to get him up to fitness, now Dyche saying the same. Lampard made repeated references to “managing” his workload as well. It’s all sounds like there’s some sort of chronic injury that won’t go away and he can’t/won’t recover properly from it, meanwhile he’s picking up all these niggles.

All in all making it was even crazier of the club to sell Richie, leaving us with Maupay and Simms as our only backup and the liiehood they’d have to play a lot of games.

It feels like there’s something the club aren’t telling us about him. Lampard said he needed to get him up to fitness, now Dyche saying the same. Lampard made repeated references to “managing” his workload as well. It’s all sounds like there’s some sort of chronic injury that won’t go away and he can’t/won’t recover properly from it, meanwhile he’s picking up all these niggles.

All in all making it was even crazier of the club to sell Richie, leaving us with Maupay and Simms as our only backup and the liiehood they’d have to play a lot of games.
His body keeps breaking down and has done for two seasons and I agree sheer insanity not to bring anyone of quality in. We go down that's why

Overall fitness thing is weird as he seems absolutely ripped, I think he just has one of those body's that's gets injured simple As that

Overall fitness thing is weird as he seems absolutely ripped, I think he just has one of those body's that's gets injured simple As that
He was a machine up until the Benitez season- him and Richie played all the time and barely missed a game. He got that injury under Benitez, his first injury requiring significant time out and has never recovered.

The manager didn't say whether or not he would be back. Just said he wouldn't be rushing him because it's not just about this injury, but building up his overall fitness to try and prevent future injuries. That sounded like a longer term period of recovery is needed.
Vicious cycle. He can't build fitness without playing games but he can't play games because he can't stay fit. At this point you almost write him off for the rest of the season, plan tactics around Simms or god forbit Maupay and if Dom is available it's an added bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back