2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
not true the 'same lingering rubbish where we hear all about how important he is/will be/was' has been said. Hearing Dyche talk about him was Lampard with a gravelly voice. It would be truly Everton if we nurse him back to 100% in time for a summer transfer on the cheap. Have to use him when not 100% provided he's not seriously injured because he is still better than other options who are 100%

Again, what has been said about him... all we've had is he was touch and go for last night and he, unsurprisingly, wasn't used.

Could it be a mental health issue perhaps?

That's why I'm reluctant to criticise the lad.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin himself, after he scored the winner against Palace last season that guaranteed our survival, said that talking therapies had literally saved his life.

Before we condemn the kid for being a wuss we must first know exactly what's wrong with him. If it's a tight calf or whatever then that's a joke, but I fear that it could be much more serious than that.
Waiting for people saying he can't be depressed because he doesn't work down a mine

Again, what has been said about him... all we've had is he was touch and go for last night and he, unsurprisingly, wasn't used.
Again, not true, Dyche said we are trying to get him back to physical fit so he is less prone to injuries, not just focussing on the injury itself. Not word for word, but you can look it up yourself

Taking the purple patch under Ancelotti out of it and we never should have been relying him as the sole competent striker.

This is chickens coming home to roost from the Lukaku sale.
Agree that him remaining the sole striker. But I believe the service he was getting those 2 seasons were night and day to the last 2 seasons. Yeah injuries have ruined him but if he hadn’t those injuries and had proper service he in my opinion scores 15 league goals a season. Wasn’t a purple patch for me, he was improving year on year. It’s all mute now anyway because these injuries have finished him I fear.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin himself, after he scored the winner against Palace last season that guaranteed our survival, said that talking therapies had literally saved his life.

Before we condemn the kid for being a wuss we must first know exactly what's wrong with him. If it's a tight calf or whatever then that's a joke, but I fear that it could be much more serious than that.
I don’t think he’s a wuss for a second, other than the odd contrary poster on here, surely we all know he’d run through brick walls for this club.

There’s something physically not right that’s become a chronic issue and can only be managed, not properly healed - is my guess - might be causing all these other niggles. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s really affecting him mentally as well, when you compare where he was at the end of Carlo’s last season - stock was high. We’ve seen how that’s affected Sancho at Man Utd.

Shame, love DCL but beginning to think his body won’t be able to do what he or we need it to again.

Same thing crossed my mind when I heard Dyche in the build-up to yesterday's game. Not sure how he awarded but that appeared to be what he was alluding to.

Think the pressure of him being the main target man has got to him. Its one thing being part of a two but he is having to try and run channels by himself and also somehow act as the main conduit for balls into or around the box. I guess the kid is being burnt out and his constant niggles/injuries are just a consequence of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back