2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely scandalous how we've been left in this position of desperately needing him to put a run of games together at full tilt when he hasn't been fit for 18 months
That was the gamble when they brought nobody in. We have done it two seasons in a row this time there is no Richy. Pure insanity will finally be our downfall in this league. Get the clowns in the board room and the owner out!

I'm holding out hope mate. Trust who this came from though.

It's not that he's freshly injured as such, they're just dead worried it'll go again if they push him too soon.
Take it with a pinch of salt, but I've been told that he didn't start yesterday more as a precaution and they were genuinely hoping he'd be ready for Saturday.

Yet, as you said, it's not a fresh injury, but rather there's a concern that he hasn't fully recovered from a previous one.

He’s an absolute mess this lad.

I said earlier in the season, there are serious issues around him. He went to war v Arsenal and was excellent, but gets injured. I dont think he can play at that level consistently anymore, and when he plays within himself, it shows.

It makes us not signing a proper target man all the more ludicrous.

View attachment 204539nothing to get excited about...

2019-2021 he was excellent. To get 29 league goals in 2 seasons, without pens, in this team is some going.

He was just coming into his prime as a striker. But injuries have taken their toll.

But let's not kid ourselves, if we got that striker, who scores 13-16 a season for the final part of this season back, it would make an enormous difference.

When you have a one in three striker who only plays one in every five games you get one goal every 15 games. The math is bad. The results speak for themselves.

Like him or not we need more from the striker position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back