2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
His entire system is pretty much depending on him

We'll see, maybe it's them being overly cautious. The point Dyche made yesterday was they might have to give him extra time to ensure he comes back and stays back. But it's just all hit and hope at this stage.

This isn't on Dom. It's on the useless people in charge of running the club.
He isn't fit to be a professional athlete now. That's the truth of the matter.

I agree, it isn't his fault we are where we are concerning lack of firepower. Everton should have made sure we never had to rely on him.

I consider Calvert-Lewin retired tbh.

Has Dyche played a masterstroke, Cal-Lewin only plays at Goodison and never leaves the physio room outside the home games. A draw away, Bust a gut for the wins at home.

T'is a bold strategy, lets see what the Leeds game brings...

View attachment 204539nothing to get excited about...
I have never really rated him and the fact is the best season he has had was when the stadiums were empty.
I definitely think his problems are more mental than physical , I am not knocking the lad for that he has issues he needs to deal with but as a club we need to move on from expecting him to be the cavalry saving us from relegation.
We need to find a solution/ system that gets us scoring goals otherwise we are sunk.
These after all are professional footballers you don't get to that level without having a degree of ability so let's start looking for ways of finding hidden talent that hasn't so far been seen.
It's short termism but for the rest of the season the only thing that matters is scoring one more goal than the opposition.

Pretty sure this is an issue considering the overwhelming links and bids for PL or ex-PL players. We rarely step outside the box.
Though the player we spent 'big' money on was Onana.

Lampard also was a bit obsessed with English players, I believe. Really pushed for the Garner deal, for example.

Think there's definitely too much of a 'PL experience' required to Everton's recruitment generally, though. But we've just bought badly in general even when outside of the league.

Has Dyche played a masterstroke, Cal-Lewin only plays at Goodison and never leaves the physio room outside the home games. A draw away, Bust a gut for the wins at home.

T'is a bold strategy, lets see what the Leeds game brings...
It has crossed my mind given the game last night that we might have written off all away games remaining other than possibly relegation contenders. Thats based on the huge change in mentality and drive from the Arsenal game plus that the tactics just seemed completely off. The RS have conceded so many early goals all season, the tactic should have been that for the first 20 mins we just push them as far back as possible and pound them into submission. Instead we sat back ultra meekly and made them play into the goal they prefer. Plus Alexander-Arnold is a disaster of a defender, and who do we stick on him but the slowest player in Chrisendom in McNeil.

I think DCL will be wrapped in cotton wool for the rest of the season and only risked when completely fit and when absolutely needed. Maybe we'll go with Keane up front as a pure grok if Simms can't do that job for the away games to try and keep the goal difference reasonable.

I have never really rated him and the fact is the best season he has had was when the stadiums were empty.
I definitely think his problems are more mental than physical , I am not knocking the lad for that he has issues he needs to deal with but as a club we need to move on from expecting him to be the cavalry saving us from relegation.
We need to find a solution/ system that gets us scoring goals otherwise we are sunk.
These after all are professional footballers you don't get to that level without having a degree of ability so let's start looking for ways of finding hidden talent that hasn't so far been seen.
It's short termism but for the rest of the season the only thing that matters is scoring one more goal than the opposition.
What a load of tosh - sorry but DCL is our only experienced no 9 - no other striker wanted to join us in the last transfer window knowing his injury history - the board by not sacking Frank after the Bournemouth 2 game disaster have left any new Manager a uphill task imo ......
No player wanted to sign or loan out to us ?

It has crossed my mind given the game last night that we might have written off all away games remaining other than possibly relegation contenders. Thats based on the huge change in mentality and drive from the Arsenal game plus that the tactics just seemed completely off. The RS have conceded so many early goals all season, the tactic should have been that for the first 20 mins we just push them as far back as possible and pound them into submission. Instead we sat back ultra meekly and made them play into the goal they prefer. Plus Alexander-Arnold is a disaster of a defender, and who do we stick on him but the slowest player in Chrisendom in McNeil.

I think Dominic Calvert-Lewin will be wrapped in cotton wool for the rest of the season and only risked when completely fit and when absolutely needed. Maybe we'll go with Keane up front as a pure grok if Simms can't do that job for the away games to try and keep the goal difference reasonable.
Imagine the statement made of playing a rarely used CB ahead of two actual strikers* one of which we dragged back early out of a loan and the other we somehow splashed 15 million big ones out on only to land him in the footballing gutter. The whole fiasco goes from farce to abject lunacy and back hourly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back