2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the statement made of playing a rarely used CB ahead of two actual strikers* one of which we dragged back early out of a loan and the other we somehow splashed 15 million big ones out on only to land him in the footballing gutter. The whole fiasco goes from farce to abject lunacy and back hourly.

Who knows, maybe he'd turn into the next Paul Warhurst. But yeah, beggars can't be choosers, and the position we're in now, we need everyone in the squad to put their big boy panties on and get on with it. Maupay needs to be sold to whoever will pay anything for him, and Simms most likely needs a few more loans before he's anywhere near ready.

The Keane up front thing isn’t happening lads, and it was only ever a figment of this forum’s imagination anyway. He would be an absolute joke, he’d have no idea what runs to make, how to lose his marker, how to stay onside, it would be absolutely embarrassing. Just because he bent a few shots around a crash test dummy into the top corner on a training video doesn’t mean he can play up front.

The Keane up front thing isn’t happening lads, and it was only ever a figment of this forum’s imagination anyway. He would be an absolute joke, he’d have no idea what runs to make, how to lose his marker, how to stay onside, it would be absolutely embarrassing. Just because he bent a few shots around a crash test dummy into the top corner on a training video doesn’t mean he can play up front.

I dont think his movement or runs would be much different to calvert lewins tbh.

I’m not sure anyone actually said this whilst being serious, Mike

What a load of tosh - sorry but Dominic Calvert-Lewin is our only experienced no 9 - no other striker wanted to join us in the last transfer window knowing his injury history - the board by not sacking Frank after the Bournemouth 2 game disaster have left any new Manager a uphill task imo ......
No player wanted to sign or loan out to us ?
I don't disagree with anything you have said all I am saying is we are where we are and we have to find solutions as we can't rely on DCL coming back to save our season

Well I for one hope it happens purely for the subsequent GOT debate.

Get fit soon please DCL. We're resorting to bickering over Keane playing up front. You give us much better forum fighting opportunities. Ffs.

What do you think it is?
It's probably his running action, I do a lot of long distance running, even at my ripe old age and it is very common amongst runners that a serious injury can cause an unconscious change in running action, due to the body's desire to protect the injured part. This in turn can unbalance the running action putting strain on many other parts of the body and cause many, seemingly, unconnected injuries.

Calvert Lewin is a dynamic runner and at the time of his quad injury I feared that he was not going to be the same player when he came back. Such a shame, but, I doubt that he will ever have a long injury free spell now unless he changes his playing style completely, the problem with that of course, is that his game is all about pace and power, I don't believe he has the skill to be effective in any other way.

Keep hearing he is our focal point upfront,that sums us up perfectly our focal point has spent almost 2 seasons sat in the stands, the way we play this lot play it looks like they are looking for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back