2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate your doing it again, I haven't suggested once mina should play upfront, I've said by your logic of Onana being tall why shouldn't mina play upfront, but for the 10th time they both shouldn't be played up front.

Fellaini wasn't useless upfront no, but I'm sure he was only played upfront when we had zero other options, in sure Cahill even played upfront over him when no strikers were fit.

We have fit strikers

Do you really call Maupay and Simms strikers.

Yep and he was awful, he didn't use his strength to bully people which is the sole reason he started.

I think he's a good finisher but he's a million miles from the premier League.
Up front on own no one close to him ,we were playing the ball around the back which we're crap at instead of pumping the ball up also, we needed to get closer to him like we did against arsenal

Up front on own no one close to him ,we were playing the ball around the back which we're crap at instead of pumping the ball up also, we needed to get closer to him like we did against arsenal
You could have played Dixie Dean in his pomp, the way we played the other night & he would have had no service no goals .... it's the rest of the team we should be worrying about - slow predictable - ageing defenders & an inept midfield - it was the Lampard's team play all over again not like Dyches first game - press hunt in packs etc v a poor redcrap team ....

Should have kept Rondon. Releasing him without getting any sort of replacement in January is worse than negligence its incompetence.

He did take pens? And it wasn’t this team, he had a lot of creative players around him. And it also was during lockdown football in front of no fans so counts for very little.
Even if it did count for 'very little', which it doesn't, he had a good season in 2019/20, with a decent goals return before lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back