2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they're not really are they? Onana, 6'5", playing up top as springboard instead of 5'8" Maupay.
Well by that logic why not just play mina upfront?

I wouldn't be massively against Onana upfront over maupay if he wasn't so vital to our midfield, we can't be taking our best players from their positions to try and fit them in elsewhere purely based on their size.

Well by that logic why not just play mina upfront?

I wouldn't be massively against Onana upfront over maupay if he wasn't so vital to our midfield, we can't be taking our best players from their positions to try and fit them in elsewhere purely based on their size.

Because one is a centre half that can't kick a ball and the other is a midfielder that's played all central positions including off the front man?

You can't call it a ridiculous idea and then say you wouldn't be against it. It's not even 10am, log off you're being a flute.

Because one is a centre half that can't kick a ball and the other is a midfielder that's played all central positions including off the front man?

You can't call it a ridiculous idea and then say you wouldn't be against it. It's not even 10am, log off you're being a flute.
But your boy Calvert lewin can't kick a ball, so what does it matter? As long as he can win headers and hold the ball up.

Be honest you've had a stinker suggesting Onana should play upfront and then call it ridiculous when Keane is mentioned as playing upfront.

Both ridiculous ideas.

But your boy Calvert lewin can't kick a ball, so what does it matter? As long as he can win headers and hold the ball up.

Be honest you've had a stinker suggesting Onana should play upfront and then call it ridiculous when Keane is mentioned as playing upfront.

Both ridiculous ideas.

I think you're getting completely lost in your own point here. You can't call it ridiculous since you've already said:

I wouldn't be massively against Onana upfront

You've also even further backed up this idea by saying Dom can't kick a ball so why would Onana there be any different since you want the striker to "win headers and hold the ball up" which 6'5" Onana definitely can do. I mean we've already pushed him up alongside the striker earlier in the season from goal kicks/deep free-kicks to knock the ball on.

Fellaini, a central defensive midfielder, was used up top regularly. Onana probably won't be used there but it's not ridiculous whatsoever to suggest he'd be useful up top. We have Gana, Garner, Doucoure and Iwobi that can play in midfield.

You've also even further backed up this idea by saying Dom can't kick a ball so why would Onana there be any different since you want the striker to "win headers and hold the ball up"
Where did I say I only want our striker to do this job?

I'm saying by your logic of putting Onana upfront why can't we put mina upfront as effectively they'll both serve the same purpose of winning flick ons, BUT they are both terrible shouts. Let the strikers play upfront ( as bad as they are )

Your having a mare again here.

Stop trying to move our best players out of position

Where did I say I only want our striker to do this job?

I'm saying by your logic of putting Onana upfront why can't we put mina upfront as effectively they'll both serve the same purpose of winning flick ons, BUT they are both terrible shouts. Let the strikers play upfront ( as bad as they are )

Your having a mare again here.

Stop trying to move our best players out of position

Because Onana can clearly do more with the actual football up there than Mina, don't be an idiot.

Our strikers are so terrible that this suggestion isn't wild it's just the state of the squad. We have better central midfielders to cover him, than we have strikers to cover Dom.

It's probably his running action, I do a lot of long distance running, even at my ripe old age and it is very common amongst runners that a serious injury can cause an unconscious change in running action, due to the body's desire to protect the injured part. This in turn can unbalance the running action putting strain on many other parts of the body and cause many, seemingly, unconnected injuries.
Been there, done that - it's a fact.
Calvert Lewin is a dynamic runner and at the time of his quad injury I feared that he was not going to be the same player when he came back. Such a shame, but, I doubt that he will ever have a long injury free spell now unless he changes his playing style completely, the problem with that of course, is that his game is all about pace and power, I don't believe he has the skill to be effective in any other way.
Sadly, probably spot on.

Because Onana can clearly do more with the actual football up there than Mina, don't be an idiot.

Our strikers are so terrible that this suggestion isn't wild it's just the state of the squad. We have better central midfielders to cover him, than we have strikers to cover Dom.

Can he? Have you got any proof of this? They'd both he terrible upfront.

Can you stop calling people idiots on this forum please mate, it's a bit weird.

So you think Onana and Mina have equal technical ability... okay then.

And it's not weird - you're an idiot so I'm calling you one, it's not deep. I'd say worse but we have a swear filter.
No mate not once said that, your doing what you do and making things up which people haven't said.

Also hahahahahaa you are solid you la

Keep hearing he is our focal point upfront,that sums us up perfectly our focal point has spent almost 2 seasons sat in the stands, the way we play this lot play it looks like they are looking for him.
At this point I myself don't believe its just physical fitness that is stopping him playing and being the player that got into the England squad. If true its just further evidence of how mismanaged we are pitch side.

No mate not once said that, your doing what you do and making things up which people haven't said.

Also hahahahahaa you are solid you la

But you keep suggesting Mina up there as an alternative to Onana, so you must surely think they are of equal use in a forward area?

If you don't you wouldn't suggest it. Did you think Fellaini was useless up front for us?

But you keep suggesting Mina up there as an alternative to Onana, so you must surely think they are of equal use in a forward area?

If you don't you wouldn't suggest it. Did you think Fellaini was useless up front for us?
No mate your doing it again, I haven't suggested once mina should play upfront, I've said by your logic of Onana being tall why shouldn't mina play upfront, but for the 10th time they both shouldn't be played up front.

Fellaini wasn't useless upfront no, but I'm sure he was only played upfront when we had zero other options, in sure Cahill even played upfront over him when no strikers were fit.

We have fit strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back