Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree @JimmyJeffers and @arch stanton

Think he may even have to consider going 3-5-2 as well to try and get full backs/wing backs more involved. Could even go for something like a 3-4-1-2 with either Danjuma or Mcneil behind a front 2 and Harrison/Patterson/Young/Mcneil offering either wing back options on both sides.

We certainly need to find a way to get closer to the front man and not rely on a player (Doucoure) to hopefully pop up with the odd worldy to justify playing him like a 10 when he cant control a football.
352 is the best system to get us up the field, to allow us to play 2 strikers, and to cover up some of our issues at full back. I don't see anyway we can effectively play 2 strikers with a back 4 and only 2 midfielders

Unfortunately we don't have 3 good centre backs, and we let the one defender we had who suits a back 3 leave, rather than pay 4m.

If he didn’t have a million restarts from injury in 2 years do you think he’d still have only scored 7 in 2 seasons? I think you’re mixing up his quality with his fitness there. He’s most obviously one of our best players.
Yes I do. Look through his whole career. The lad is 26 years old has about 60 career goals. Been here 8 seasons now, and still hasn't scored more than Lukaku who was only here half the time. Only time in his life he's ever even managed to break into double figures was under one of the best managers in history during empty stadium times. When fully fit -which is pretty much never- he's a decent center forward in terms of hold up play and putting himself about, no doubt about that, but he's not an ice-in-the-veins, goal-scoring No9. A goal every 4 or 5 games even when fit is hardly standout stuff. As for being one of our 'better players' well that is a subjective opinion, but the bar is so low it's hardly a badge of honour. Wouldn't make the bench at any top team.

Yes I do. Look through his whole career. The lad is 26 years old has about 60 career goals. Been here 8 seasons now, and still hasn't scored more than Lukaku who was only here half the time. Only time in his life he's ever even managed to break into double figures was under one of the best managers in history during empty stadium times. When fully fit -which is pretty much never- he's a decent center forward in terms of hold up play and putting himself about, no doubt about that, but he's not an ice-in-the-veins, goal-scoring No9. A goal every 4 or 5 games even when fit is hardly standout stuff. As for being one of our 'better players' well that is a subjective opinion, but the bar is so low it's hardly a badge of honour. Wouldn't make the bench at any top team.

So you haven’t looked through his whole career because if you had you’d have seen his goal output increasing every single season until the first big injury hit.

So how you can say without those injuries he’d have still only scored 7 in 2 seasons isn’t backed up by any stats nor logic.

Go back to bed, the sport isn’t for you.

So you haven’t looked through his whole career because if you had you’d have seen his goal output increasing every single season until the first big injury hit.

So how you can say without those injuries he’d have still only scored 7 in 2 seasons isn’t backed up by any stats nor logic.

Go back to bed, the sport isn’t for you.
I have looked through his whole career, here it is for you cheerleader

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 19.43.42.webp

A few goals here, a few goals there. In comes a world class manager followed by empty stadiums so he doesn't have the pressure of 40k+ fans and he gets into double figures!!! (I'm sure Halaand had his posters on his bedroom wall). But hey, let's make all the excuses under the sun and do as many mental gymnastics as possible to cover the fact that he's simply not an out-and-out, natural goal-scoing No9 in a Premier League environment. Me thinks Rom's record as leading goal scorer in the Prem era is going to be safe for a little while longer, or shall we just keep screeching "it doesn't count because he's not 100% peak fit" and live in pretend world where a lad who had a purple patch once upon a time bangs in 20+ a season. Perhaps it's you who needs to go back to bed and enjoy dreamworld a bit more, cheerleader.

I have looked through his whole career, here it is for you cheerleader

View attachment 228326

A few goals here, a few goals there. In comes a world class manager followed by empty stadiums so he doesn't have the pressure of 40k+ fans and he gets into double figures!!! (I'm sure Halaand had his posters on his bedroom wall). But hey, let's make all the excuses under the sun and do as many mental gymnastics as possible to cover the fact that he's simply not an out-and-out, natural goal-scoing No9 in a Premier League environment. Me thinks Rom's record as leading goal scorer in the Prem era is going to be safe for a little while longer, or shall we just keep screeching "it doesn't count because he's not 100% peak fit" and live in pretend world where a lad who had a purple patch once upon a time bangs in 20+ a season. Perhaps it's you who needs to go back to bed and enjoy dreamworld a bit more, cheerleader.

Thank you for posting the image which proves my entire point. Lovely stuff.

He has a goal every 227.85 min for us, that's 1 goal every 2.5 games, including games coming back from serious injury, games on for a few min as sub to kill time and games where he was played out of position
He has an assist every 719.5min with same criteria...could be better but scoring 3 goals for evey one assist is sound by me
That's in combination one goal contribution every 173min, 3/4 of which are goals

If you are going to claim to have looked, then report factually
@Nymzee's point about the 2 years returning from injury is of course part of his downturn in goals and your own table shows a player that was growing into the role brilliantly before being played when injured and sent on a long road to recovery.

It's not cheerleading, it's verifiable fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back