2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably help if he had half decent service.

He can’t create and score - I know he did vs West Ham, but it’s a huge ask every week.

McNeill and Harrison although good in the defensive side of the game haven’t done as much as I’d expect going forward this season yet.
For real ???? How many chances was he given today ?

Probably help if he had half decent service.

He can’t create and score - I know he did vs West Ham, but it’s a huge ask every week.

McNeill and Harrison although good in the defensive side of the game haven’t done as much as I’d expect going forward this season yet.
Doms goals come from service he doesnt create himself out of nothing, but we have a manager whos stagnating the very 2 players who should be offering him the service Mcneil and Harrison, he might as well play 2 right backs and 2 left backs for what he's asking of the wingers.

We're overrelying on him to fight for a long ball, take it, create something and then somehow score - his strength is being a target man but not to that extenet and we're also isolating him alone for full games, he has to either pull something out of his arse or finish some half chance somehow. Which is the gameplan for everyone - get to the box and see what happens.

Honestly the only chance that looked cohesively created for him was the header and he effed it up badly anyway, not his day today, not that it's much of an excuse.

He had 2 clear cut chances you'd expect a player of his perceived prowess to bury. Cahill would have certainly bagged one of them. Also greed took over when he went for glory rather then square it to players who'd bust guts to get in the box. Not a gpod day.
Yup. He had a day to forget. A good day and we win that. He certainly should have had one goal from his four presentable chances.

He had 2 clear cut chances you'd expect a player of his perceived prowess to bury. Cahill would have certainly bagged one of them. Also greed took over when he went for glory rather then square it to players who'd bust guts to get in the box. Not a good day.
Big Joe Royle The Latch or Sharpy would have bagged 2 in the first half - Andy Gray too both easy headers imo

You do have to be mindful of what you say about DCL but i agree. Last true striker we had here was Lukaku and it seems a lifetime ago.
We got off to the worst start - that led to the whole edginess in our game - 12 efforts & 6 fluffed by over players too, but DCL should set the trend to score those headers he was giving Harry the runaround without scoring.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.