2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

How are you defining better? Just on goals?

But you agree they've both played significantly more games than Dom, right? Thus, it sort of makes a difference.

Personally I think you are chatting whole heaps of wham on this, for reasons unclear. I'll be keeping a very close eye on you.

How are you defining they aren't better?

A striker is mainly judged on his ability to score goals, toney and Watkins score more goals, play more games, and play for better teams ( based on recent seasons )

So how then, by any logic whatsoever is dcl on their level?

Only one person chatting utter garbage here and its not me.

How are you defining they aren't better?

A striker is mainly judged on his ability to score goals, toney and Watkins score more goals, play more games, and play for better teams ( based on recent seasons )

So how then, by any logic whatsoever is dcl on their level?

Only one person chatting utter garbage here and its not me.

I think you've quite quickly outed yourself as one of, if not the, thickest posters on here.

Carry on...

He has 1 in 4 for us , Maupay had 1 in 4 for Brighton …. Would we say he’s a proven he can score goals? Would we want him?

If DCL scored more he would be in the Watkins and Ivan Toney bracket…. They’re not “ world class” not even close .
He really isn’t far from Watkins in regards to goals.

As a CF in the PL (so taking out any goals/minutes as a wide player/RWB):

DCL has 45 in the equivalent of 129 games.
Watkins has 47 in 116.

The caveat to that is, lots of DCLs minutes in his early days, were as a sub so less likely to score so it’s skewed. Whereas Watkins has been the main striker for Villa for his whole time in the PL.

Toney is just a fantastic finisher and is ahead of both of them in that regard. But I’d argue DCL offers a lot more to our teams play than either of them do.

He really isn’t far from Watkins in regards to goals.

As a CF in the PL (so taking out his goals/minutes as a wide player/RWB):

DCL has 45 in the equivalent of 129 games.
Watkins has 47 in 116.

The caveat to that is, lots of DCLs minutes in his early days, were as a sub so less likely to score so it’s skewed. Whereas Watkins has been the main striker for Villa for his whole time in the PL.

Toney is just a fantastic finisher and is ahead of both of them in that regard. But I’d argue DCL offers a lot more to our teams play than either of them do.
Well, no surprise Toney’s numbers are better because it matters more when you’ve got money on it

Thick? Explain.

Mad what the obsession is with certain posters on here who resort to name calling like a school child when they have been outed for being clueless.

As you was boss.
If you can't see why you are being stupid then there's no helping you.

If I explained it you'd not understand either.

You have a dislike of DCL and you'll say anything to 'make' your point.

At this point I'm going to cease this conversation as there's a phrase about not arguing with idiots that's pertinent here.

As you were.

If you can't see why you are being stupid then there's no helping you.

If I explained it you'd not understand either.

You have a dislike of DCL and you'll say anything to 'make' your point.

At this point I'm going to cease this conversation as there's a phrase about not arguing with idiots that's pertinent here.

As you were.

Just as I thought, you can't explain, because you are wrong.

Just as I thought, you can't explain, because you are wrong.
No mate, you wouldn't understand. I explained it earlier and you carried on chatting wham. So why repeat?

It's alright mate, there's lots I don't get. Astrophysics. Marine biology. But I accept it. It won't hurt you to accept you are a bit dim and making bad arguments about DCL. We're all only human.

No mate, you wouldn't understand. I explained it earlier and you carried on chatting wham. So why repeat?

It's alright mate, there's lots I don't get. Astrophysics. Marine biology. But I accept it. It won't hurt you to accept you are a bit dim and making bad arguments about DCL. We're all only human.
Yer man.

Your logic was superb.

Dcl misses more games through injury and scores alot less goals than toney and Watkins, but he's just as good as them.

Amazing.

Yer man.

Your logic was superb.

Dcl misses more games through injury and scores alot less goals than toney and Watkins, but he's just as good as them.

Amazing.
I never said that. I merely disputed your contention based on goals scored the last few seasons. Because it is an unconvincing metric to use in the blunt manner you did.

Which proves my point you are failing to comprehend things.

Never mind laddo. I'm sure your mom loves you.