Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its annoying that he's been injured but I don't get why people are complaining about them trying to get him properly fit I'd rather he took his time and played 30 games than rush him back to get 20 minutes as a sub from him straight away and him only play 15.
I know what you’re saying but there’s no denying it’s frustrating to see him playing 90 minutes today (as good news as that is) when just 45 minutes three days ago could’ve meant three points.

If this all works in the long term then it’s worth the three points but the question is whether he’ll ever be properly fit.

I know what you’re saying but there’s no denying it’s frustrating to see him playing 90 minutes today (as good news as that is) when just 45 minutes three days ago could’ve meant three points.

If this all works in the long term then it’s worth the three points but the question is whether he’ll ever be properly fit.
Theres obviously a difference between competitive games and friendlies for a start and 3 days can be quite a long time in terms of injuries too but the main thing is just that they have to try and get him properly fit and there was obviously a plan in place to do that which saturday didn't fit in to. If he breaks down again it will be super annoying but I still won't blame them for trying its a 38 game season throwing a rehab plan out of the window to get 45 minutes from him in game 1 would be stupid.

It would've been madness to sell that DCL for 20 million.

Hindsight is great though, right?

..…not hindsight, I said when he had that first thigh injury 18 months ago that we should sell. I like the fella lots but I know how those injuries can blight a career. We have to be hard nosed about these decisions, especially when a players stock is high.

I know its annoying that he's been injured but I don't get why people are complaining about them trying to get him properly fit I'd rather he took his time and played 30 games than rush him back to get 20 minutes as a sub from him straight away and him only play 15.
If he was fit enough to play 90 minutes today, then he was fit enough to have played 20-30 minutes on Saturday. Every game and point matters when you figure to struggle to reach 40 points.

If he was fit enough to play 90 minutes today, then he was fit enough to have played 20-30 minutes on Saturday. Every game and point matters when you figure to struggle to reach 40 points.
No, that's not true at all.

He's had persistent injury problems for two seasons previously because of that approach. It's outdated "fit enough for the bench" nonsense. Maybe, just maybe, the professionals monitoring his physical condition know more than you? Just a thought.

WTF is this bollocks? Every interview he’s given you can 100% see how much he loves the club and wants to give his all to get back on the pitch, you could even see that in the Sporting game
Doesn’t suit the narrative or agenda, our fans lately seem to love to hate players.
Its why all the fake sympathy over Alli made me laugh, DCL and Keane both had mental health issues and get dogs abuse. People must think they get injured or make mistakes on actual purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back