Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that's not true at all.

He's had persistent injury problems for two seasons previously because of that approach. It's outdated "fit enough for the bench" nonsense. Maybe, just maybe, the professionals monitoring his physical condition know more than you? Just a thought.
Those same professionals let him play 45 minutes the weekend before against Sporting Lisbon. Unless he was playing at just 3/4 effort, he seems to be fit for games that don't count in the standings.

..…not hindsight, I said when he had that first thigh injury 18 months ago that we should sell. I like the fella lots but I know how those injuries can blight a career. We have to be hard nosed about these decisions, especially when a players stock is high.
I seem to remember reports of the club believing he had reached his full potential 2 seasons ago and were ready to cash in on him then. Shortly afterwards is when his injuries started piling up.

Those same professionals let him play 45 minutes the weekend before against Sporting Lisbon. Unless he was playing at just 3/4 effort, he seems to be fit for games that don't count in the standings.
Exactly!
It's called progressive overload, so 45 minutes in a friendly comes before competitive PL action which is obviously going to be more intense.

Can't believe I'm having to explain this.

As frustrated as I am with Everton not having a centre forward I prefer that he is given every chance to to get himself into a position where he can turn out on a regular basis for the team. Giving him a proper chance to get fit will also bring the situation to a head, if following a well managed fitness regime he breaks down again then he cannot be relied on. I want him fit and knocking in 20 goals this season, if that means he is missing for another couple of weeks so be it. I will caveat my last sentence by adding “provided Maupay isn’t the picked”.

Does anyone think he will score double figure league goals this season, we have to well beat 34 from last year and Im trying to work out with what we have now and the 300 players we are being linked with what we may possibly end up i surpose Saturday could/should have been at least 4 but should and could still have us on zero
He'll bag over twenty this season if he gets the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back