2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Maybe we need to accept that players can be in both good and bad form through their career with us, rather than writing them off as finished and not good enough for Everton when they’re out of form.

When fit and on form DCL’s worth to the team is beyond most others. I get the concerns about staying fit but he’s simply out of form. That the Manager keeps picking him to expose that and not having a replacement to perform in his absence is not the fault of DCL.

I get the frustration with the situation we’re in but come on lads, a little context.

You can expect all you want but he's our main striker, that's it for now. To his credit, once he got fit, and with a bit of decent management, we secured more points than previous seasons in the same period meaning we should be safe.

He's not playing well currently, but sadly we don't have any other options aside from Beto, and given the financial situation it's unlikely we'll be getting any sort of meaningful competition for his place.

He shouldn't be our main striker because he useless.

mad how people are writing beto off who's not been given a run of games ( or chermiti for that matter ) but are happy to have a proven failure upfront every week.

When beto and chermiti go 3 months playing most games without scoring we can they agree they are rubbish as well until then other options need to be explored

Maybe we need to accept that players can be in both good and bad forum through their career with us, rather than writing them off as finished and not good enough for Everton when they’re out of form.

When fit and on form DCL’s worth to the team is beyond most others. I get the concerns about staying fit but he’s simply out of form. That the Manager keeps picking him to expose that and not having a replacement to perform in his absence is not the fault of DCL.

I get the frustration with the situation we’re in but come on lads, a little context.
Hello mate. Welcome to the forum. Can see you’re not quite getting the hang of things yet. Please introduce yourself here.

He shouldn't be our main striker because he useless.

mad how people are writing beto off who's not been given a run of games ( or chermiti for that matter ) but are happy to have a proven failure upfront every week.

When beto and chermiti go 3 months playing most games without scoring we can they agree they are rubbish as well until then other options need to be explored
He is our main striker because we simply aren't very good. We've been in the bottom quarter of the table for years mate, sadly. If we were to have anyone decent, they'd be off, unless we were kicking on top 4. FFP pretty much dictates who we can buy, so we aren't buying anyone ace, anytime soon. Unless we unearth a gem who costs us a set of shirts and an old mitre multiplex we go with what we have got.

The manager has done a decent job, and if he thinks DCL is a better option than the other 2, despite being out of form, well tbf, he probably sees them all more than we do. I'm not sure who's writing anyone off, from what I have seen there's not a lot between them, except one has more PL experience/goals than the others. Given the points we have amassed, we are in a much stronger league position than previous years. If the manager chooses to take DCL out of the side for 3 months, and put in 2 relative unknowns for a long period, then that progress is potentially threatened as is our PL future.

Given our current predicament, I don't think now is the time to take chances on players who are unproven in the PL.

Maybe we need to accept that players can be in both good and bad form through their career with us, rather than writing them off as finished and not good enough for Everton when they’re out of form.

Don't take this the wrong way. But I think this is the most sensible post I've seen you put up

Good post Chico, I'm a big supporter of DCL but he is woefully short on confidence at the moment which was exposed for his big chance which despite a good save he really should have buried.
You're correct in saying when fit and on form he brings so.much to the team but it's not happening at the moment and have we seen enough from Beto to trust him with a start?
It is a quandary for the boss but something which should be at the top of his list as good chances are going begging.