Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it crazy to say hes not in the same class as the names you mentioned?

People keep telling me hes rubbish then naming the best Strikers in the world and the League to compare him to.

All of which play in vastly better sides.

Did we even put in a single cross today? We had 2 6 foot+ players and not a single ball into the mixer, zero through balls.

But hey ho, hes not Mbappe.

For a very obvious reason.

Oh yes, when he went through one on one with Emi Martinez he suddenly remembered that Jack Harrison can’t cross and that’s why he scuffed it straight at him.
That was one chance, yes he should have scored, but it is Harrison & McNeil to supply the strikers both are championship standard

His return from injury was instrumental in the upturn in the teams fortunes, but now genuinely think he's lost interest.

He gets dominated by every centreback he comes up against.

He poses no threat to any opposition whatsoever

His all round game is rotten atm.. he's not holding the ball up, is light as a fart, can't win a header and god forbid we expect him to create anything or even link up play.
Anywhere close to £20m and I'd bite your hand off.
Only problem is we blew £25m on an even worse striker last summer and any money we would get would just pay for sparkles ot

Is it crazy to say hes not in the same class as the names you mentioned?

People keep telling me hes rubbish then naming the best Strikers in the world and the League to compare him to.

All of which play in vastly better sides.

Did we even put in a single cross today? We had 2 6 foot+ players and not a single ball into the mixer, zero through balls.

But hey ho, hes not Mbappe.

I mentioned these players (also Giroud and Yak) to show that a CF is very much a part of a teams attacking play. Theyre not just there to recieve gifts and tap ins from 5 yards. You just cannot exclude the CF from criticism if a team struggles to create chances.
People criticize our wingers, but their working conditions are made tougher by DCL lack of ball control/poor hold up play/ choosing the wrong option more often than not.
Never mind Mbappe, with an average PL quality striker, our wingers would benefit big time.

I mentioned these players (also Giroud and Yak) to show that a CF is very much a part of a teams attacking play. Theyre not just there to recieve gifts and tap ins from 5 yards. You just cannot exclude the CF from criticism if a team struggles to create chances.
People criticize our wingers, but their working conditions are made tougher by DCL lack of ball control/poor hold up play/ choosing the wrong option more often than not.
Never mind Mbappe, with an average PL quality striker, our wingers would benefit big time.

So we’re blaming strikers now for wingers not being able to beat a defender with a cross? Are they holding back in stubborn defiance or something? Like legit horrendous crossers of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back