2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Wow, so did David Nugent, Matt Jarvis, Jay Bothroyd etc etc
He is better than them & you know it - our engine room in midfield is so poor - so his service is hoof - on his own mostly hegets one cgan e a game & fluffs it I admit that but even at 44w Beto missed 2 yesterday
If we go 442 you need to drop a winger ,& extra player in midfield...a.llowing the full backs to overlap for service - we get hoof ball -easy to defend....

Just netted his 12th of the season, with a great volleyed finish and his first chance of the game, without missing 3 chances first to get warmed up 🤯🤯🤯
Different team midfield wise to ours ....I am only interested in the blues plus as you stated this is a DCL thread- it's like comparing apples & pears- only Braithwaite would get in their side ..anyway.

Different team midfield wise to ours ....I am only interested in the blues plus as you stated this is a DCL thread- it's like comparing apples & pairs only Bradwaite would get in their side ..anyway.

Why does that matter? He’s still only had one chance in this game and has taken it clinically, which is what good strikers do. Good strikers don’t need “3 chances per game” to score a single goal. He’s not a good striker.

Different team midfield wise to ours ....I am only interested in the blues plus as you stated this is a DCL thread- it's like comparing apples & pairs only Bradwaite would get in their side ..anyway.
Dont be silly Joey.

What you need to do is compare him to Strikers that play in sides that create chances and then abuse him cos he hardly ever gets chances to miss.

Then keep using the last chance he had which was 3 weeks ago.

Dont be silly Joey.

What you need to do is compare him to Strikers that play in sides that create chances and then abuse him cos he hardly ever gets chances to miss.

Jota has had one chance and scored it so what’s the difference?

I’ll tell you who else doesn’t get 3 chances per game, Chris Wood.

Why does that matter? He’s still only had one chance in this game and has taken it clinically, which is what good strikers do. Good strikers don’t need “3 chances per game” to score a single goal. He’s not a good striker.
Why does it matter what the midfield behind him is?

Are you Davek?

Dont be silly Joey.

so obsessed with blaming others for not creating x chances per game.

facts are, he's never going to get multiple chances per game, strikers don't unless they are at better teams, he's had loads of chances throughout the season which he's missed. ( easy chances in some cases )

you've set your stall out early and kept doubling down on it even when proved wrong, half admire you still won't admit you got it wrong tbh.

fact is, he is awful though unfortunately

Whether people rate Dominic Calvert-Lewin or not, at the moment we don't have any real wiggle room upfront when it comes to decent(ish) forwards. The lad doesn't get the best of service and when a chance does come his way he seems to lack the confidence to finish it. To be honest, I'd be tempted to play Aarnaut Danjuma forward and have DCL starting from the bench.

Different team midfield wise to ours ....I am only interested in the blues plus as you stated this is a DCL thread- it's like comparing apples & pears- only Braithwaite would get in their side ..anyway.
Their midfield today is a kid making his debut, a fella who Bayern couldn't wait to get rid of and a local kid.