2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Keep the pitchforks ready, but can we at least wait for an explanation before we blaspheme? Dyche just said he wasn’t fully fit yet. He warned us Dom wasn’t ready. Why is everyone freaking out before hearing the report
Probably because he played last week, which suggested he would at least be in the squad today. Which suggests he’s probably broken again.

If his partner has just given birth, he has every right to be at home with his new child. There is more to life than kicking a football.
Ordinarily, absolutely yes. Will he back next week to play 90, start or even come on as a sub? Nope. This is not a one off, it is a two year long hiatus from playing. Which has co-incided with two very close relegation escapes.

Probably because he played last week, which suggested he would at least be in the squad today. Which suggests he’s probably broken again.
Dyche literally said he wasn’t playing though. It may sound like mayhem but we were warned beforehand. Let’s at least hear the report.

Ordinarily, absolutely yes. Will he back next week to play 90, start or even come on as a sub? Nope. This is not a one off, it is a two year long hiatus from playing. Which has co-incided with two very close relegation escapes.
To be honest, when you've missed as many matches as he has, what's another one? If his partner has given birth, his place is by her side. I'd hope, if I were his manager in this situation, that he would be only bursting to come back and play next week. He's not a player we can rely on - nor should the manager be in a position where he feels he needs to. As usual, the club has left us short.

To be honest, when you've missed as many matches as he has, what's another one? If his partner has given birth, his place is by her side. I'd hope, if I were his manager in this situation, that he would be only bursting to come back and play next week. He's not a player we can rely on - nor should the manager be in a position where he feels he needs to. As usual, the club has left us short.
But thats the issue. Now that he has missed game number 1, the mantra will be that he needs time, to be eased in gently etc.. broken record at this stage.