2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Is he really to blame for the lack of goals?
I'd say he's about 50% to blame at least, because he's had about 10 clear cut chances that I can recall and any decent striker needs to put away 3-4 of those. I'd he'd have scored 4 of his chances we might very well be 6+ points better off than we are and virtually safe already. As it goes he's fluffed every single one, not even forcing a goalkeeper into a top save.

I think he can take a lot of blame, yes. The defence and defending midfielders are doing a good job of not conceding too many (I think we've got the 4th best defence in the league), yet we can't put chances away and a lot of it is down to him, although I think the wingers need to take some blame as well. We'd be safe even with the points deduction if we could score a few more goals.

Expected chances table Everton are 10th.
The bottom two(by a distance) are sheff utd and burnley. Sheff utds Cameron archer has more goals than dom. Burnleys Lyle foster and zeki amdouni have more than dom. Im pretty certain fans of that club are saying they dont provide much service. With good reason.
Clubs who are below Everton in chances created...
Wolves
Bournemouth
West ham
Nottingham forest
Fulham
Luton
Crystal palace
Sheff united
Burnley..

None have forwards 0 from 22. Its quite staggering the lengths people go to to defend that return and look at everybody else for blame. He's having a stinker and he has had chances. Nice lad. But needs to bloody turn up.

Congratulations to Jarrod Bowen for matching Dom’s season total in an hour.
But Bowen is playing for a unbelievable West Ham team he’d never score in our team 😂. No doubt most our players would do better at better teams but no denying individually most are pretty crap players, how many more can DCL go without a goal before he’s labelled 💩?

But Bowen is playing for a unbelievable West Ham team he’d never score in our team 😂. No doubt most our players would do better at better teams but no denying individually most are pretty crap players, how many more can DCL go without a goal before he’s labelled 💩?

He only had 3 chances yesterday but apparently strikers need to miss multiple chances per game before they can be expected to score.

I think it's our lack of creativity I admit he should have scored at least three more goals than he already has - also Beto maybe 1 - but our build up play with hoof ball is pathetic lately - his hold up play is top class. I would play jut behind Beto in that Decouree role alongside Doucs & sacrifice one of our wingers as they are too slow & unproductive ATM... - DCL started his playing days as a midfielder & has pace too ....

It would strengthen our midfield & make us more potent upfront too.....

It probably would have been worth trying something different in the last few weeks, but there's no point now that Doucoure is back. He's the only one who ever looks like scoring from open play, so it'll have to be a case of trying to get him into dangerous positions as often as possible.

I do scratch my head at times when reading people's descriptions of DCL's hold-up play, but he still looks like Teddy Sheringham compared to Beto.

He'll beat his best outside of having a good manager this year.

1709031262447.png